Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Andrew,
This opens up a great question: Are the inverters default voltage trigger levels appropriate for long term health of our house batteries (Lifeline)? I realize (as Andrew mentioned) there are several trigger conditions based on voltage level and time duration. But none of them make me comfortable letting my batteries get to those voltage levels.
Here's my inverter settings where generator start is triggered:
24.6v for 24hrs+
23.6v for 2hrs+
22.6v for 15min+

A key reason for my opinion is that number of cycles that a AGM battery can handle are directly related to the depth of discharge that it encounters. According to Concorde Battery Corp, a Lifeline battery will handle about 5000 cycles if never dropped below 90% charge. Consequently if the same battery sustains a 50% discharge level, the number of cycles reduces to 1000. Simple lesson: Our batteries will last longer the less we discharge them.

Thoughts from the community?
The AGS system you are using and most everyone else is, does not measure the battery bank's state of charge. That's the best method for triggering generator start and stop cycles. Those numbers only appear low because there's an assumed load. If the coach was in storage, those numbers would be too low. The best thing for you to do is bump the 15 minute timer up to 23V and see if the generator cycles too frequently. After all, the start trigger is a compromise between actual discharge (that's an unknown) and how often it triggers the start. If it doesn't start too frequently under normal use, bump it up a bit higher.