Thread: Advice needed parking rv on the grass on industrial pads

Default Advice needed parking rv on the grass on industrial pads

Advice needed parking rv on the grass. I have a 50,000 pound 2001 Prevost marathon H3 I want to know if I could Park on the grass if I utilize 4 x 8 three-quarter inch industrial grade rubber boards I just recently had a huge crane on my property with 110 foot boom to do some tree work it weighed 60,000 pounds. The Workmans put down these 4 x 8 three-quarter inch industrial heavy duty rubber pads in front of the crane as it drove onto my grass area

The crane sat on my lawn for eight hours as he performs tree work lifting huge limbs to the ground
    As the Crane rolled onto my property the workmen laid down these heavy industrial three-quarter inch rubber pads and the crane set on top of it. Eight hours later they move the crane off the lawn into the street and there was no markings on my grass or depressions

if I want to park my 50,000 pound Prevost marathon for two days on my lawn why can’t I do the same by utilizing these 3/4 inch 4 x 8 industrial rubber matts which had very little flex to them…???

I can't claim to have tried to park my 58,000 lb 2001 Prevost Marathon H3 on a manicured lawn, however if the 60,000 lb crane can do it... Why not.
    The only question is how many tires did that crane have? I suspect more than 8. This is a very important component of the equation.

Also, the moisture level of the lawn is very critical. The higher the moisture level the softer the ground. Heavy vehicles and soft ground do not go well together. Just ask any recovery towtruck operator.

Also, the crane was there for 8 hrs, but you're talking about 2 days. Any rain expected? I Hope not.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

I can imagine that 4 x 8 three-quarter inch industrial grade rubber boards don't come cheap but neither does landscaping.

Hello, I live on two acres. The first half is so impacted naturally I drive on it all the time and park sometimes when I arrive late at night I will park on the grass, my back 1/2 is a different issue, lots of sand and I would get stuck in no time...

Crane had 12 tires. Thanks

It depends entirely on how tight the soil is.

Mark Walker
    98 Royale lx
    Crosby, TX