Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prevost info search experience until now

For some really ignorant and inconsiderate reason many many dealers taking in trades r in the habit of taking all the previous owners service records and throwing them away.

Many of u r quite aware this could be volumes of valuable time and info.

If I were buying a well cared for coach from a dealer and it was void of all service records I would make that decision cost them signicantly or I would seriously consider moving on.

Those of u trading please keep All your service records when u trade in an attempt to get them into the hands of the next guy instead of allowing all your time and efforts to end up in a dumpster.

If I had a bus for a long time with extensive records and traded it to find this is what became of all my time and effort I would be really pissed off it would be very tough to forgive that.

The only reason I can think why they would do that would be to potentially create more revenue for service centers.

Someone straighten me out here if my comments r unfounded.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-23-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Car dealers have been doing this forever. Why? I think if they throw the evidence away they think their conscience is clear. I have tried four times in the last 2 years to buy a prevost. Two Dallas dealers were two hours late for our appointment. One Phoenix dealer though panel delam was a joke. One Phoenix dealer said he would put a price on a incoming coach when he got it in. Well guess what he sold it before contacting me. He claimed someone was on his lot when it arrived and bought it on the spot. Question is do they treat people that are buying a million dollar coach the same way as on buying a 200K coach.

This is what the Hoffman originally looked like. Its been there at least three. http://www.prevost-stuff.com/2001Pre..._DMLC1818.html
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Quote Originally Posted by Danj View Post
    Car dealers have been doing this forever. Why? I think if they throw the evidence away they think their conscience is clear. I have tried four times in the last 2 years to buy a prevost. Two Dallas dealers were two hours late for our appointment. One Phoenix dealer though panel delam was a joke. One Phoenix dealer said he would put a price on a incoming coach when he got it in. Well guess what he sold it before contacting me. He claimed someone was on his lot when it arrived and bought it on the spot. Question is do they treat people that are buying a million dollar coach the same way as on buying a 200K coach.
    Let's just say not all dealers are the same. Some, not all, are in business to stay in business.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion