Thread: Hello from Virginia!

Threaded View

Default Hello from Virginia!

I am a prospective owner in the next 18-24 months (with intent to retire). I found this group through youtube and videos I came across that included Gil J (Gadget Guru). We (my wife and I) are trying to figure out what kind of RV we want to own.

• We started browsing at production units.
    • Gazing at pricing and depreciations we decided to go used.
    • Once we started down the used path we found older brands like country coaches that seen to float to the surface during the quality discussions. Value to quality seems the biggest.
    • During the Country Coach browsing we realized that it will likely take a national search and likely many months to get the right coach. We keep hearing "maintenance" and "was it being used." Understand that very clearly.
    • As we came across forums for CC we ran into Prevost CC conversions. That Prevost seed began to get planted.
    • We are coming to learn that even if we need to reach into the 2000's for the budget we are starting to build, we can still get the best!
    • I can share that my parents spent 12 years travelling the US in a 34' Avion. I've towed that beast on a few outings. I recall my father saying that, when he finally stopped towing, if he had a chance he would really liked to have had a Prevost MH.
    • This idea formation is now about 3 months old and drinking out of a firehose (but enjoying it). I am soaking up every ounce of knowledge I can find.

Happy to be here and seek info. Not sure where this particular venture will lead us, and here for the ride.

Mike
    Richmond, VA
    Last edited by VASpartan; 12-11-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: add city