Thread: COACH INTERIOR UPGRADES

Default COACH INTERIOR UPGRADES

Good day All,
    Pipeliner Prevost Rick
    I am still on the search for a Used Prevost XL, XL 2, however, the Market seems to be a bit high right now as most can atest to. With the Cool thing being to own a Motorcoach and travel during the Covid experience we have been going through, a huge demand for Units has driven the costs to higher levels than we have ever seen.
    I currently own an American Coach (Fibreglass) and would like to know of a Company that can do some light Interior Upgrades such as: remove carpet and tile and replace with new. Also some light wood work changes such as remove the kitchen table and attach it to the wall, giving more space in the kitchen area.
    I know what you're thinking; why can't you complete the work in Western Canada? I feel the same way. I have spoken to a few RV Repair facilities here in Alberta, however, most are reluctant to perform the work or just not interested.
    Given some options in the US would help to make a solid decision on who Penny and I will use.
    We do not desire to spend a huge amount on this, keeping in mind we will be selling this Unit upon locating a Prevost.
    This upgrade would give us yet more time to see what the Market is going to do on Used Prevosts and all the while gaining insight to these complex machines.
    I will continue emailing RV facilities in Alberta but I am not ruling out having the work completed in the US. Western US preferably. Oregon, Nocal, AZ. Something within 1500 to 2000 miles from Edmonton.
    Premier RV in Oregon was our first thought, and there are several that offer Services in Oregon.
    Any thoughts or experiences shared would be appreciated.
    Thank you for your time. Oh ya, Happy Thanksgiving to my American Friends.
    Canada and the US, we're like brothers and sisters, we may have disagreements, but we both know when it comes to all the silliness the World we are best friends.
    Pipeliner Prevost
    Rick.

There should be a lot of those kind of places in or near Elkhart, IN. Some shops that focus on Prevosts and the so called high line RVs tend to price accordingly.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Gil.

I think Thats a long way to go for him Gill.

If i was in your shoes I would not take my camper and leave it out of town. It would be close to home where i could watch close and manage the upgrades very proactivly or I would not do it.

Then u also have to deal with nowdays the way u can live very comfortably laying around doing little to nothing, shops have that hurtle to jump. The people and shops still willing to work r as buisy as ever and the skilled labor pool is poor.

This temporary upgrade is going to take a bite from the bus fund wont it?

What is your budget for a bus?

Get more people interested in helping u find it. What r your priorities? Do u have any absolutes or r u flexible? What r u looking for?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 11-26-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

All great points you made Joe.
    I will continue searching for someone in Alberta to complete this small scope of work. It's the weekend now and I won't hear from anyone until next week. I have been trying to find someone in Alberta, but it seems they are too busy or other places don't seem too interested. You guys have more access to more Services in the Lower 48. Sure, I can hire a household Carpenter to do the flooring, but is he going to account for it being a 40" house that goes 80mph?
    To answer your question of biting the Bus Budget, well I would think no, with the upgrades we are considering, it should'nt be too expensive, keeping in mind we're not upgrading the Coach with an extensive list that requires alot of money.
    List as follows Joe:
    remove carpet and tiles, replace with new. After yesterday (insert Bernie here) i'm thinking of porceline flooring, keeping in mind I owned 3 OTR Trucks not 300 like our ol buddy Mr Marathon. If porceline flooring is crazy expensive, then other options will prevail. Move kitchen table and attach it to the wall, like I've seen in some Prevosts. As I earlier said these upgrades are for our own enjoyment during the search for a shiny xl.
    Bus budget is fluid 150,000 to 300,00. I am fussy and it has to be mechanically over the top. When I crawl under equipment, I know what I'm looking at.

Rick, just a comment: Carpet a tile seem to be out of favor for a few reasons other than appearance. Carpet is hard to keep clean. Tile is heavy and breaks easily. Most remodels are going with luxury vinyl planking or tile. The looks is excellent, it's light weight, wears extremely well and not impacted by moisture/water. A lot of us like to remove the chopped up, multi-surface look and go for one uniform flooring look. It seems to make things look larger and more spacious.

Also realize that a house flooring installer will be used to having molding and baseboards to hide the edges... not so much used in motorhomes.

Good luck. I think most any remodeling improves a coach significantly. If the "bones" are good, then a remodel is certainly worth it.

Happy Trails
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Thanks Les.
    Yes Penny and I agree with one uniform flooring. I failed to be more clear. The carpet would be removed and replaced with a desired one uniform flooring. Bernie also mentioned the vinyl option. Something we will look into. To align with Joe's concerns, we are not looking for an over the top remodel, just making some changes to brighten it up during the search and to monitor what this crazy Used Prevost Market is doing.
    The Bones are good in this Unit. No water damage anywhere and Penny and I keep it very clean inside and out.
    I bought it at Lazydays in Tampa a number of years back and it has been for us and will be for new Owners a great Coach. Mechanically taken care of by my Diesel Mechanic who kept my OTR Trucks and Trailers running for years without issue.
    The core reason for considering taking it to the US is the ease of locating someone able and familiar with remodels in Coaches. Disappointingly striking out here in ol Oilfield Alberta though.
    Oregon is not a far drive and its winter, so i'll take it from a Heated Shop here and they must have a proper Shop wherever I go to complete the work. As I said I bought this in Tampa, it never seen a cloud until I crossed the Border at Coutts MT back into AB.

Hi Rick, what did you end up with for remodel? We have a 97 Marathon xl in Manitoba and looking for flooring , window trim ,ceiling and lighting work. had some U.S. work done and it was mighty expensiv alright, looking more local.

Good Sunday to you Rolf,
    No forward movement on the remodel as of yet. We did not go to AZ this Winter, so as always the Coach is in Heated Storage in Edmonton. Penny and I are capable of doing this remodel on our own, however, the Shop Space where it's stored, does not allow its customers to work on their Coaches while in their building. (Storage Only). We are actively searching for a Shop Space around Edmonton to to complete the work ourselves.
    You're located near Portage, have you found remodel options close to home or are you finding you have to take it to Winnepeg?
    Keep in touch Rolf and feel free to call me.
    Rick
    780 919 8280.