Thread: Pre Purchase Bus Inspection

Default Pre Purchase Bus Inspection

Hello ! I would like some recommendations for a Tech that could inspect a bus for me. My largest concern is delamination of the side panels as well as water leaks in general. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Depending upon where you are located…would recommend Prevost Nashville. Prevost service centers are the only ones truly capable of performing a pressurized delamination check of XLII Coaches. Other places will walk around and hand “thump” the panels and try to guess whether a particular panel is loose. Also, only Prevost can provide the riveted/seamless repair, if needed.

As for inspection of the Coach itself and the particular converter (i.e., Liberty, Marathon, Millennium, Featherlite, Country Coach, etc.) - we would highly recommend Gil Johnson - one of the principles of POG. Extremely knowledgeable and affordable.
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

Quote Originally Posted by WinterStorm View Post
    Depending upon where you are located…would recommend Prevost Nashville. Prevost service centers are the only ones truly capable of performing a pressurized delamination check of XLII Coaches. Other places will walk around and hand “thump” the panels and try to guess whether a particular panel is loose. Also, only Prevost can provide the riveted/seamless repair, if needed.

As for inspection of the Coach itself and the particular converter (i.e., Liberty, Marathon, Millennium, Featherlite, Country Coach, etc.) - we would highly recommend Gil Johnson - one of the principles of POG. Extremely knowledgeable and affordable.
    Prevost no longer does the pressurized test. There's just too many places for air to leak.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion