Thread: New owner of a 2003 Country Coach XLIIDS - our first Prevost

Default New owner of a 2003 Country Coach XLIIDS - our first Prevost

Hello Everyone,

We just purchased our first Prevost (3rd motorhome). Been looking for a couple years. Previous coach was a 2005 Travel Supreme 45DS14 that we had a great time with. Just sold it (in 4 days).

Anyway, on 8/31 my wife Terra sent me an email with a link to this coach saying "Nice coach". To most people that might not seem like much, but the 100's of coaches we've looked at online or at a show she's never been overly positive about any of them. Not that she's picky, but she just isn't crazy about how a lot of the interiors are done.

So we talked about it for a couple days and I reached out to Olympia Luxury Coaches telling them that we were interested. It went pretty quick from there. We drove to Tennessee (from PA) on 9/5 and bought it on 9/7.

We were EXTREMELY fortunate to be able to have Gil Johnson perform an inspection on the coach. He happened to be at OLM doing one or more inspections for someone else and was kind enough to fit us in on a Sunday/Monday to get it done. He spent several hours with us on Monday (Labor day) going over the coach and explaining things. Having Gil there gave us the confidence to pull the trigger and make an offer. I honestly think we may NOT have made the purchase without Gil doing the inspection (or at least felt as good about it). I've done a ton of work on production coaches and am 100% fine with doing my own inspection on one, but this was a totally different beast.

So, we don't take delivery for until Nov 1st (we left it there to get a few things done). In the mean time I am pulling together all the info I can on CC Prevost conversions. I've been reading through the forums here are think I've found a goldmine of information.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations! Great choices…in having Gil perform PDI and purchasing a Prevost Country Coach from Olympia Luxury Motorcoach!
    Be patient, if the November timeline slips - parts are scarce and often backordered. We are absolutely Loving our Coach purchased from Austin…and so well Zeroed out by Bobby and his teams. Enjoy and safe, adventurous travels.
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

Congrats! If my budget was more flexible, that coach would have been on top of my list!

Thanks for your kind words.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by WinterStorm View Post
    ....Be patient, if the November timeline slips....
    I normally am very patient. I'd be ok if they don't get everything done, but they promised us a Nov 1 pickup. They seem like great people there at Olympia, I think they'll come through for us.

That sounds like a great purchase process. Congratulations! Hope you have it home now?
    Mike & Jodi
    2006 Prevost Legendary

Beautiful paint chme. Whats the CC #
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Coach number is 60479