Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New member here looking for advice

Default New member here looking for advice

Hello group, I am a new member that is starting my search for a preowned Prevost.

I have not decided on which shell, nor converter yet, but I was thinking the best way to decide is to see as many in person as possible. To accomplish this, I am planning a coast to coast road trip to see as many as possible in person.

I am hoping the group here can add to my thought process on the best way to do this. I will be starting in Seattle, most likely stopping at Marathon in Oregon, but other than that I am open to ideas. I do plan to reach out to the larger dealers in the country, but any other guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Go to the top of this form, click on Prevost stuff. Once there click on dealers, then scroll down to pre owned Dealers.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Ck2hans View Post
    Go to the top of this form, click on Prevost stuff. Once there click on dealers, then scroll down to pre owned Dealers.

Chuck
    I have been looking into that.

I have a question, who is "the shop" for Country Coaches? Or is there one?

There are many capable Country Coach shops. The year and problem to be addressed will help determine the most capable shops.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    There are many capable Country Coach shops. The year and problem to be addressed will help determine the most capable shops.
    I was thinking more along the lines of where to see them. I know the big service center for them is Premiere RV Services in Oregon, but they seem to sell a lot more of the class A production models, and rarely have the Prevost version in.

This up coming trip is just about how see as many as possible to narrow down my search of what I want.

Try Legacy Coach in Rockwall,Texas. We purchased our coach from them. Brandon the owner is extremely knowledgeable about all the systems in a coach. I was fortunate that he used our coach for vacations before the owner put it up for sale thus knowing what worked and what did not. When I went there to inspect our coach he set the whole day aside to go through everything. Our coach came with full maintenance reports for the previous seven years. That is the kind of information that is valuable. No matter where you go to look at coaches ask for maintenance records. If you find something ask Gil to give it an inspection.
    https://www.legacycoach.com/
    Last edited by georgiapeachinc; 09-04-2021 at 08:16 AM. Reason: added info
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Thanks for the info about Legacy, I will add them to my list.

Keep in mind you are not purchasing a mass produced RV. You will do yourself a disservice by restricting where you look to your local geography.

If your search extends into next year. Make it a point to attend the Prevost Motorhome Expo. No where else can you look at 50+ Prevost motorhomes offer for sale. It's also the only time you can "interview" the owners of most dealerships to determine who feel you can feel good about.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Keep in mind you are not purchasing a mass produced RV. You will do yourself a disservice by restricting where you look to your local geography.

If your search extends into next year. Make it a point to attend the Prevost Motorhome Expo. No where else can you look at 50+ Prevost motorhomes offer for sale. It's also the only time you can "interview" the owners of most dealerships to determine who feel you can feel good about.
    Gil, I rang you the other day. I just wanted to follow up before I leave town this week.

Yesterday I was at Marathon (OR) for many hours. It was an impressive visit.

Heading towards SoCal tonight.