Thread: Best kind of 3 wheel elec scooter

Default Best kind of 3 wheel elec scooter

Wife needs light 3 wheel scooter due to arthiritis in knees. Looking for suggestions. Thanks
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Lightbulb It's A Great Life If You Don't Weaken:

Quote Originally Posted by DANSS View Post
    Wife needs light 3 wheel scooter due to arthiritis in knees. Looking for suggestions. Thanks
    Dan, Can't give you a specific name or product reference. If you are having trouble finding any or don't even know where to begin, google search: go carts, scooters, mobility scooters. There are so many to pick from, I am sure it will be difficult. I noticed there are many cut-throat deals. Pricing and free shipping.
    I saw one that seemed interesting in that it folded down and looked like you could get it into a bus bay!
    We had to get one for Barbs father but he never used it. I think that is often the case with them, look for a good deal on the used market. Maybe price is not an issue because you need it now and will just buy the one that suites your needs best.
    Hopefully someone will give you a good referral. I think some of the co's tend to charge what the traffic will bear. I don't like that.
    Something that I would be concerned about would be the weight and can you get it into the bus without ruining YOUR back.
    Hope this is what you were looking for JIM

PS You might go to an assisted living facility and ask the staff if they have any perceptions of which ones are best.

Lightbulb

Something specific that looks interesting.http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/mat...2&categoryID=4

and the lift: silverstar backpacker w/$200.00 off. Has free batteries and shipping and is approved for some insurance.
    http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/spe...roductID=72277
    JIM

i believe the jazzy line from pride health care products is one of, if not, the best available...i am certain a search online will answer all ??????????...good luck...shookie

ken&ellen Guest

Default Rascal

Dan, A couple of folks in my Good Sam's chapter use the Rascal. It is heavy duty and can navigate most terrain. It breaks down into a small unit to store under the coach. Both of these people need their units full time and both have had them close to 10 years! While they are expensive, $5000 +, they are very reliable.. Ken & Ellen

Dan,
    For .01 more. Tyr the concept first with something like the tools you find at Harbor Freight Tool Co.. Then if it works well buy something good.
    JIM