Thread: Oshkosh Airventure 2021

Default Oshkosh Airventure 2021

Anyone going to Oshkosh airventure this year? Sidney (2009 Marathon) and I will be parked at the Hickory Oaks campground (5 miles north of the Wittman field). Carbon cub does their demo rides at a grass field next to the campground.

Yep, 3 of the original ole POG guys will be at OSH, we’re all pilots and looking forward to this year after last years cancel.

We are looking forward to Oshkosh as well. In my early years of going with my son, we camped under the wing. Once he graduated, several of us would fly up and stay in hotels for more comfort (getting old). The past 3 years we have changed up our routine. We go to the show a couple days and then fly around the area and explore. One year we landed on 21 grass fields in the Wisconsin and the upper Michigan area. Washington island is a great spot to visit.

This year we are changing up our routine even further. Taking two buses, two toads, and an airplane. My wife is going for the first time! Amazing what a bus will do. Actually, my friends wife is going as well with his two grown daughters. It sure seems like the women like buses. LOL.

If you have never been to New Holstein on the Sunday before Oshkosh for the STOL competition, it is great. Actually, New Holstein sponsors a Supercub flyin several days before Oshkosh. We are are arriving on Saturday and going over on Sunday for the STOL competition. Probably flying the carbon cub over (it is east of the lake).

Have fun - would be great to meet you guys sometime. If you have time, come out to Hickory Oaks to see all the Carbon Cubs buzz around in the evening. We are easy to find with two buses taking up lots of space.