Thread: WTB 97/98/99/00 XL

Hybrid View

Billy u r a prior truck driver with the background to make comparisons as to ride and stability with big heavy vehicals.

Do u ever experiance exessive roll in the camper a chassis without those ping tanks?

Where do u come up with this stuff Gill lol

So u r in a turn and it rolls over some, enough to open the ride height valve. Well wouldnt a smaller vessle fill quicker? Adding volume takes more air? The added volume would seem to me to do just the opposite of what u suggest. please excuse my ignorance there could be validity to what u suggest i just dont see it.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

This bus does seem to lean more than any tractor. Oddly no rear sway bar or provision for adding one - no bracketry on axle or chassis (I've looked at similar chassis with one). Maybe a 40' with this VIN wasn't an option - the parts manual shows some VIN breaks so who knows. I've learned to adjust my cornering style. As far as ping tanks I have no idea, never driven or been a passenger in another Prevost. Only stepped in 3 others besides this one.
    Last edited by BGLogistics; 10-31-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

regarding body roll. The ex-Bluebird guys that previously owned a wide body heavy S60 bird (LXI is 51K lbs), notice significant reduction in body roll when transitioning to a Prevost. Most contribute it to outboard bag placement and ping tanks. I've owned both a 42' Bluebird S60 (48K lbs) and a 43' Bluebird S60 (51.5K lbs). My first experience driving a Prevost was a few weeks ago, drove a 97 XLV. I noticed the improved stability from less roll and better tracking, but what I found most surprising was how lite it felt. I did not expect that. To prove what I felt was accurate we went to a nearby CAT Scales ... 44K lbs. It was pointed out to me that from the window line up is aluminum on a Prevost, on a bird it's riveted steel roof and all. Additionally on a bird, on top of the roof are steel walk ways, and goat rails. You can tell the CG on a bird is much higher which combined with the inboard bag placement and lack of ping tanks (maybe) can make for a lot of roll.
    Last edited by Three5ives; 10-31-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Clint and Tammy Summers
    Atlanta GA / Lenior City TN
    2000 Prevost Royale XL 45
    1977 Wanderlodge FC-31