Hello All!
My name is Rick and my Wife is Penny. I'm reaching out from Edmonton AB.
Just this morning June 21, I joined POG. I may be a bit premature in joining as we yet to have decided on which Prevost Conversion to purchase. Although, as I read the Posts, it is evident that there are many out there that join, as we did, for a trusted insight to these complex machines. We do currently own a Diesel Pusher and are very familiar with the Lifestyle having spent all of our 17 year Marriage owning a home in Mesa AZ. We use the Motorhome to get there and open up the house and return to Alberta in it. We recently sold our place there and use the Motorhome to take us to the Southwest.
To be completely honest, the fear of purchase that I have is the Electrical System and my lack of knowledge in that, to troubleshoot Electrical problems and diagnos/repair them on my own ugh!. Now to be clear, I am no dummy. I have owned Over the Road Commercial Trucks since leaving High School in 1988, and a Brake Chamber, Relay Valve, Air Bag, Injector problem, exhaust leak ect, are just consumable Parts, and a part of owning Equipment.
To remain in a comfortable price range, I feel a 97 to 2004 would be in my best interest for comfort level. Having drove those old 2 Stroke Screamin Demons throughout the 80s, they are not my first choice. (Green Leakers to any old Truckers out there).
Many years ago I sold all my Trucks and Trailers and started Pipielining. I use our current Motorhome in the various places my current jobs take me. All those years of Trucking up and down I 95 and beyond, seeing those Silver Prevosts of the nite pass me, I always knew I had to have one. I talked to lots of Country Music Prevost Drivers over the years on the ol CB, but I just couldn't keep up. LOL.
Let me share this, when the near future decision is made to purchase, most likely will be south of the 49th Parrallel. I cannot find anything in Canada newer than a 1990 Conversion.
Thank you for accepting my plea for Membership, and look forward to furthering our knowledge prior to purchase with the Communities help.
The purchase will absolutely be an XL or XL2, I may be an ol Pipeliner now, however, in my heart, I'm still an old Trucker, and I need the Shine baby!
All the Best
Rick
Pipeliner Prevost.