Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pipeliner Prevost New Member Introduction

Default Pipeliner Prevost New Member Introduction

Hello All!
    My name is Rick and my Wife is Penny. I'm reaching out from Edmonton AB.
    Just this morning June 21, I joined POG. I may be a bit premature in joining as we yet to have decided on which Prevost Conversion to purchase. Although, as I read the Posts, it is evident that there are many out there that join, as we did, for a trusted insight to these complex machines. We do currently own a Diesel Pusher and are very familiar with the Lifestyle having spent all of our 17 year Marriage owning a home in Mesa AZ. We use the Motorhome to get there and open up the house and return to Alberta in it. We recently sold our place there and use the Motorhome to take us to the Southwest.
    To be completely honest, the fear of purchase that I have is the Electrical System and my lack of knowledge in that, to troubleshoot Electrical problems and diagnos/repair them on my own ugh!. Now to be clear, I am no dummy. I have owned Over the Road Commercial Trucks since leaving High School in 1988, and a Brake Chamber, Relay Valve, Air Bag, Injector problem, exhaust leak ect, are just consumable Parts, and a part of owning Equipment.
    To remain in a comfortable price range, I feel a 97 to 2004 would be in my best interest for comfort level. Having drove those old 2 Stroke Screamin Demons throughout the 80s, they are not my first choice. (Green Leakers to any old Truckers out there).
    Many years ago I sold all my Trucks and Trailers and started Pipielining. I use our current Motorhome in the various places my current jobs take me. All those years of Trucking up and down I 95 and beyond, seeing those Silver Prevosts of the nite pass me, I always knew I had to have one. I talked to lots of Country Music Prevost Drivers over the years on the ol CB, but I just couldn't keep up. LOL.
    Let me share this, when the near future decision is made to purchase, most likely will be south of the 49th Parrallel. I cannot find anything in Canada newer than a 1990 Conversion.
    Thank you for accepting my plea for Membership, and look forward to furthering our knowledge prior to purchase with the Communities help.
    The purchase will absolutely be an XL or XL2, I may be an ol Pipeliner now, however, in my heart, I'm still an old Trucker, and I need the Shine baby!
    All the Best
    Rick
    Pipeliner Prevost.

Cant wait to see pics of what you find! Others will know much more than me, however if it is electrical you are worried about, there are converters that were interested in simplicity rather than making things very complex just because then could given the initial price tag.

Do some research there and then see what you can find.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Thank you Mark and Debbie, I appreciate your response.
    Rick

There are several coaches in your model year range on Prevost-Stuff.com. The years your looking at could afford you very simple electrical systems, depending on converter. If you have questions on specific converters, feel free to ask.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hi Rick,
    The “hunt/research” is a lot of fun in finding the right for you coach.
    We were very fortunate and found a 2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic (non-slide) that was fully depreciated and going through its 3rd Zeroing Out since 2013.
    The Classic version does not have complex electronics (Crestron or iPad controls), no air doors or air toilet...and, no slides/airbag seals to fail - which is what works for us.
    Olympia Luxury Motorcoach did fantastic work getting our coach looking and most aspects 2021 new! Could not be happier (other than the front Cruisair which seems to have lost its coolant charge?).

If we could change just one thing...would like to have a combination of roof, Cruisairs and retain the Over The Road (OTR) air - which is Amazing and for us, a MUST have.

Good fortune on your search! You will Love owning a Prevost!
    Last edited by WinterStorm; 06-22-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

Thanks Gil. We appreciate your knowledge.
    Rick and Penny.

Thanks for the response Greg.
    Ok sir, since we're on the topic of Cruise Air, OTR Air, Prevost Air and Roof Top Air. In my extermely high number of researches, I do not know the difference between these handful of A/C options. Being a fussy type dude, I'm not crazy about the Roof Air option due to streaks on my Stainless, however, the inexpensive replacement of Roof Airs is attractive. I am constantly looking at Coaches for sale on this Website. In Marathons, CC and possibly Liberty, there is a Compressor with Belts on the right side rear of Coach in the engine bay. Some don't have that type A/C.
    Understand now my confusion? Then there is on in a Compartment. Due to living in Canada, there is'nt a lot of folks that have these that would allow and opportunity to easily go see, feel, touch.
    Thanks Greg, great to meet you.

Thanks for the pictures Greg. Looks fantastic, so clean! Good for you two.
    Greg, who has that Country Coach in front of your Liberty??? Also the other one with the Flush Mount Windows??

Hi Rick,
    That was a picture of our Coach inside one of the garage bays at Olympia Luxury Motorcoach in Murfreesboro, TN during its Zeroing Out. So, not really familiar with who owns those other coaches (believe both were Country Coach XL and XLII models).

We first started looking in earnest about the same time as the Covid-19 outbreak and there was a run on RV’s, trailers, etc. - and couldn’t get to many Coaches listed on Prevost Stuff, RV Trader, etc. before they had already Sold.

Therefore, I drafted a letter describing specifically what we were looking to purchase (e.g., year model range, XLII vs. XL, X3 or H3 45 models; price range $’s, non-slide vs. 1- or 2-slides, Maintenance records; whether they Zeroed Out the Coach - new tires, batteries, etc. or even just recent Level III service?). I then tailored the letter to each of the existing Prevost Converters (Liberty, Marathon, Millennium and Featherlite...and their resale affiliate businesses); and also the more reputable Dealerships - Olympia, Legacy, etc.

We continued searching online and reading various forums for months. Finally heard back from Legacy and Olympia about “Incoming Inventory” they would be receiving. We quickly narrowed our selection down to two Liberty XLII models (2002 Single slide Elegant Lady and this Coach). We drove to Olympia to view both (and a dozen others...most out of our price - we don’t carry debt), made our selection and spent the better part of a week with Gil Johnson doing a thorough and exhaustive Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI). Once satisfied with the soundness of this Coach and all the work that Olympia and Prevost would be doing over several months time...we made a deposit and the rest is current history!

Here is a picture of our Detroit Diesel 60 engine. The Huge alternator on the far right is for the OTR air system (a.k.a., bus air - what is used to keep 52 passengers cool on Greyhound or Commuter busses...where the air comes up along the windows down the entire length of the Coach!).

There are those that say this system isn’t needed...however, we have residences/RV lots in two of the hottest places within the U.S.
    Others will argue that you sacrifice basement bay space having Cruisairs and OTR...however, Olympia engineered and designed an exterior Entertainment Center that tucks away into a drawer - along with a large table w/folding legs - that gains us back a half bay!

One thing I will caution you about: Coach conversions operate on “Jamaica time” - meaning, nothing moves quickly. When they say they’ll have it done by Tuesday...it behooves you to learn specifically which Tuesday? :-)
    That said, these are custom, hands-on coaches (not plastic, assembly line RV’s). The craftsmanship takes time (as does obtaining parts - particularly for 18-30 year old coaches - especially after Covid-19 impacts on suppliers). But, as they say in the islands...”everyting be alright, mon” you just have to have patience and an appreciation for what you will ultimately take delivery of - the most Amazing Motorcoach made by man!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

Thank you Greg! The information you gave is superb. Yes the different A/C options were confusing to me and I appreciate the education. Absolutely an exhaustive search for one of these things for sure. Trying to stay within a budget, obtaining sound advice, getting a Coach that Penny and I aren't constantly in a Repair Shop with somewhere and ensuring that if we chose a Dealer vs Private that we won't be over spending. Education, Education and compare, compare, compare.