Thread: New to the forum

Default New to the forum

Just joined so I can school myself before stepping up into a Prevost.

We currently pull a 40' 5er and I have driven 18-wheelers, so the size of the rig is not an issue.

My wife has back issues and pulling the 5er with my F350, she will get in the back seat with a heating pad. I'm thinking the Prevost would allow her a better-quality of relief on the couch or bed while riding down the road. Any thoughts?

Another issue I am looking at is the parking at our home base. I can get In/out of my driveway and to my RV cover with no issues in the truck and 5er but not sure of the turning radius of the Prevost. The ground clearance is a concern because I will probably have to go over the curb to make the turn into/out of the driveway.

Anyway, I have started the journey of schooling myself to make the step up and look forward to reading many articles and replies on this forum.

Cliff and Sharon McLarty
    Marion, NC
    Enjoying God's creation through a windshield.

There's a lot to absorb between the Prevost models and the different converters. The first thing to do is to know your budget and then search Prevost-Stuff.com. Focus on the floor plan and most of the aesthetics. Except for soft-goods, other changes can be very costly.

Prevost is an open book when it comes to information. You can download the owner/operator manual and get specifics. The coach can be manually raised front and rear independently to go over some obstructions. It will raise the coach about 3" above ride height. Here's were all of the publications can be found, https://techpub.prevostcar.com/en/

Ask away as questions come up.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Gil.

U have other prevo owners all around u in.N.C.

Thomasville

Kinston

Roguemount

Moorhead City

Goldsborro

Greg Boa too, not sure his home town but hes a pogger.

These r all motorhomers that im sure u could lean on for info and opinion.

I spend dec jan and feb in the keys every year not in the camper any more I store it down there and rent a house. Half a doz pog guys will be there with the buses coming up this next season too.

Welcome and good luck.

Do not buy one that u havent first driven for a good long way. Really a few would be very benificial so u can make some comparisons.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-20-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines