Thread: Camper Joe is my Hero

Threaded View

Bill thats not the wash bucket its the "puss bucket".

Moving on, I have gotton some grief from time to time from the likes of Gill and similar types in regards to "book things" such as torque specs run out ect ect. Stuff like what the hell was in some designers head when the do what they do.

Bill here is a pilot and u guys r a huge positive influence for any mechanic not in avaition. Hangers r always a great place to work. Even though sometimes u guys r a bit much I am willing to surrender to the perfection because i know it is not all bad

That said, we r conducting an experiment. We got stuff here. So when i reinstall the front hubs im not going to use book method or a torque wrench for the hub bearings and when im done we r going to stick a dial indicator with a magnetic base on it and we will see what the clearance is. The book says .oo1 to.oo5. I like .oo1. We shall see.

I can tell u this the way they were set they were too tight we indexed them before we loosened them and thats a great baseline. ill set the inner nut 2 holes looser on the keyed lock washer. Run the outer nut tight. Bam. Thats the money move right there. Maybe 3 holes. That will give .oo1 on the dial indicator.

Ill also run the lug nuts up with my gun to within 50 ftlb. Thats my guess. We will check them with the torque wrench.

This will be fun. In fact Bill we need to let me do a few nuts on the hub studs for the drivers side rotor. 125 ft lb right? Lets see how close I can get!!! We will hit them with the torque wrench to check dont worry I wont make too much of a test pilot out of u.

What the heck is the matter with the norgren corp cant keep ahead of demand with inventory. Come on enough already.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-11-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines