Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camper Joe is my Hero

Default Camper Joe is my Hero

Camper Joe is My Hero

Joe replaced my Norgren valves in January, there is one located way up high between the drive axle and tag axle. It seamed like Joe just dove in there for a minute or two and was done.

Fast forward to this past week. There was another new air fitting leaking way up high in the middle near the one that Joe fixed. Took me all day to squeeze myself in and out of that tight location to fix the darn leak, not to mention the scratches and bruises I got. And Joe is a couple of years older then me.

Lesson learned. Just because Joe makes it look easy it probably isn't easy.

Big respect for you Joe

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Totally Agree!! Joe is unbelievable in more ways than one!! He makes an incredibly difficult job look easy.

What started leaking on u Chuck??? A quarter in. black line going into the top of a brake relay?

Robert im almost in your back yard. Finished in Lufkin yesterday and headed west i just woke up in Crocket. Headed for Chicago via NM Cal Co and Ok the senic route. Be lookin at half a doz garage floors and greasy bus chassis along the way.

Bob, did a 95 Liberty 94 chassis in Kemah Texas last week. New patient. First liberty i ever worked on that did not have the special Liberty leveling that u can do all 3 corners togeather. Never knew they even built without adding that. I did Liberty number 6 in KC a year or so ago an 84 a chassis 10 years older and even it had it.

Nothin like Texas 2 lane. Intersections, driveways, hills, curves, speed limit 75. Some school zones r 55 mph!!! Gotta love Texas. They tell me there r 80mph zones ahead of me. That would scare the hell out of me if i were rolling an overweight front axle north of 15000lb like u poor souls. My steer tips the scales at 9500 lb. Manual slacks adjusted weekly couple a bull racks runnin front door... Hammer down. Life is grand

Coffees brewin the yellow motor be makin smoke first light.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 04-14-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Yellow line in top of brake relay Joe.
    Big respect for what you do
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

I know you cant wait to get to california ha ha ha

Joe was under my bus for numerous repairs. Brake air hoses, air bag air lines, brake relays, numerous Norgen replaced, new pins on front disc brakes, brake adjustments numerous other items including Fan clutch.
    Bus primary and secondary was holding at 100 lbs after a week. Joe does great work and knows a Prevost.
    George and Joan
    1998 Royale Aug 2019
    Goldsboro NC
    Just added a 2022 Ford King Ranch

Joe worked on our bus this week and I am amazed at his skill and his approach to repairs. Like other buses, he replaced air bags, brake air hoses, air bag air lines, brake relays, Norgren valves, steering and tag axle disc brakes, belts, bushings and a fan clutch. Deliveries were slow and he patiently waited for the parts to arrive and was at the bus for 8 days.

And yes, he's on his way to California.

One other thing to mention is his his contribution of content to this website. Gil and Joe's spending the time and sharing their knowledge for us is priceless. It is awesome to be able to get direct answers to problems.

Thanks.

Trey

We all owe Gil and Joe a huge debt of gratitude.

I can confirm Joe is in California at this moment and covered in grease from my coach. Despite being in California he's enjoying the nice desert weather and a fresh batch of cookies.

Thanks Joe for coming all this way for your customer(s). We appreciate it.
    The best part for me of having Joe here, besides getting a bunch of issues fixed, is the opportunity to learn so much about my coach leading me to enjoying it much more. Thanks Joe Camper.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

We should rename this thread the travels of Joe . . .

Anyway, Joe has been in Elkton KY since Monday. Two buses are parked side by side and Joe is almost done with the 2009 XL2 and will move on to my 1995 XL tomorrow. I am having a blast getting to know Joe. So, what have I learned so far:

1. Joe likes tacos - soft shell tacos for lunch three day in a row! Beef with cheese - add sour cream and guacamole. Also, the bacon cheeseburger with catsup, mustard, and pickles and a side of onion rings was a hit today. Finally, chocolate cookies for desert. I gave him a jar of locally grown strawberry jelly - I know he likes a good PB&J sandwich.
    2. The famous 5 gallon wash bucket - it has been used so much the water in the bucket is becoming the consistency of the cleaner itself.
    3. Joe works fast - amazing energy. Point a fan in his direction to keep him cool and get out of the way (been 85+ with very high humidity).
    4. Very helpful - He is always willing to explain how things work and provide pointers on bus maintenance and operation.
    5. Excellent work - from the hoses he makes to cleaning the parts removed he takes pride in his work.
    6. Favorite engine - it has to be a CAT so his favorite color is yellow.

I think Joe will be here for most of next week. We are doing the tag axle logic kit on my bus in addition to the normal air leak repairs, hose replacement, etc. Also, overhaled Rockwell brakes and new discs on the steer axle.

The fun continues tomorrow. Stay tuned . . .