Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSD Fuel App

Default TSD Fuel App

Hello,
    Does the TSD fuel app show if the fuel is 100 percent diesal vs that with bio fuel added?
    Thanks

Nope. I think ALL the major truckstops now are B20. T/A-Petro, Pilot, Love's etc. Only place I've found non B20 is a local convenient store, that incidentally has sold ONLY non-ethanol gasoline for years.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

I recently did a 5000 mile trip using all fuel from the TSD program. Every station pump showed a sticker that said the fuel was between B5-B20. But no further clarification as to exactly what mixture. I suspect it varies based on what they can purchase cheapest. I did not find the fuel problematic. I got the best mileage I've ever gotten, 7.3MPG. I attribute this mostly to flat roads and reasonable speeds.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

The feds only require specific reference above 20%. So, to make sure the stations don't get into trouble almost all are placing the B5-B20 stickers on the pumps.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

IMG_20210412_164432022_HDR.jpg

Especially if u have a DD that dont take the abuse like other yellow diesels can.

Quart to 100 gal very easy to keep track.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 04-12-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Second that on the Lucas - Used that on my recent 2600mi trip, with an average 7.7mpg. TSD saved me about 400+ total only filled up 3 times. Looking to try PRI-D (on recommendation) for my next run. I think I have a clogged injector as I have black smoke at 1800+ on shift (not at highway if I'm coasting down at the RPM). Almost always roll 1650-1700 RPM for that mileage.

I just have to comment on the TSD card for those who aren't using it. Yesterday, I filled up for $2.36/gallon in Beaumont, TX - where posted prices are in the $2.97-$3.00++ range. Saves a bundle and so so easy to use. Highly recommended.

I can't really say the same for Interstate 10 from San Antonio to the Louisiana state line. I've driven worse road-wise, but pretty much nonstop construction and what I call 'gauntlets' - concrete barriers on both sides as the road curves and snakes back and forth and travelling at what I deem to be unsafe speeds (too fast) for most of the traffic. But I digress.

Safe travels to all who are making their way out and about

John

If u try to drive that piece of I 10 in texas around Beaumount at the posted speed limit u risk snapping strong welds on perfectly sound equipment. I would suggest about 40mph through there and still its awful at that speed. I totsaly agree, that is a very very dangerous stretch of construction. States and construction companys should be held liable for accidents when they do stupid shit like that.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 04-15-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

The Lucas upper cylinder lubricant is all we use except during the winter when we switch to an anti gel formula. We have been using Lucas in all our diesel engines since they came out with it. Kept the injectors clean as a whistle. We have done rebuilds and sometimes used the same injectors again. Mechanics always ask what our secret is because the injectors look like new when they take them out! Absolutely a good habit to get into using that stuff.
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Joe,

Questions for you my friend..

Do you have a guess how many gallons of fuel my 98 XL would hold?

I have never used a product like Lucas fuel additive. If I start now could there be any issues?

Thanks!