Thread: Heart Interface EMS 2800 24v For Sale

Default Heart Interface EMS 2800 24v For Sale

Hello all -

While chasing down an electrical gremlin, I found that one of the two 24v 2800w Heart Freedom Inverter/Chargers in our 1995 Marathon XLV was malfunctioning; the other works fine. I could not find anyone willing to repair the unit, nor could I find a replacement for the faulty one. I would have happily swapped the malfunctioning one with a used one if I could have found one available. Therefore, I'm replacing the two inverters and now have the old ones that I no longer need. I have 1 working and 1 with errors. I thought that I would offer the units up for someone who may need only one or perhaps needs parts, which I understand are next to impossible to find.

The problem with the 'broken' inverter is that it raised the voltage unacceptably high (35+ volts) on the 24v side of things (testing at the house batteries and equalizer both) whenever external (shore or generator) power was applied. The inverter worked fine to invert from DC to AC and gave no errors despite the high voltage output. The 'working' inverter had no such issues.

If interested, please email with any questions and I'll be happy to respond promptly. Buyer to pay actual shipping rate, whatever that is, depending on distance, etc. I don't have any really good idea as to the value of either inverter, but can tell you that these suckers are heavy. Any offers will be entertained. Right now we are in Casa Grande AZ between Phoenix and Tucson until the first week of April should someone be passing through this way.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey John i estimate a good used heart like that would be worth about 500 bucks all in to someone, shipping everything.

Gusdorf electronics
    Santa fe

When those go bad u remove the motherboard and send it to him and he can fix them. Ive done many with him. The Interface were the model preceding the freedom and they were better. The earlier Interface were labeled in red, then blue like yours. The red label interface had start capacity tripple their rating those were the best they ever built. I had a 2000w 24v that would start an old tired crusisair and run it.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hey Joe - Thanks very much for the information. I will definitely try to get in touch with your recommendation in Santa Fe, NM and see what can be done. A bit "academic" at this point, as I'm installing the 2nd new inverter today, but nonetheless good information to keep on hand. If the board repair is relatively (?) inexpensive, it would be worth doing just as a backup if nothing else.

I'm beginning to learn what is meant about 'zeroing out' a coach, though I suspect this may be a misnomer, as what is being zeroed out the best is the bank account :-) That said, can't take it with you, and I have no regrets to date!

John

Possibly u could more easily market them as a pair armed with that info. Dave at Gusdorf usually ends up about 2 or 300 bucks with the boards. I run a modern fridge and tv moniter i have a winguard travler dish they all have no issues with the modified sine wave. No buzzing from the roof air motor. However I have an ice maker that doesnt like it. Be patient theres some needy soul out there.

I have an exact twin back home.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

**SOLD** No Longer Available