Thread: Toad security

Default Toad security

Heads up:
    Had my toad parked right in front of the coach due to limited parking in the RV park. Locked the toad and put the key fob in the glove box right inside the entry door. While walking the dog later that evening I looked in the toad window and the doors were locked. After walking the dog I grabbed the toad door handle just to double check that it was locked. It unlocked and opened to my surprise. Turned out having the key fob in the glove box and the toad parked right in front of the coach was close enough to allow the door to unlock.

I now keep the key fob in the bedroom so it’s far enough away to not allow the toad to unlock.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Ck2hans View Post
    Heads up:
    Had my toad parked right in front of the coach due to limited parking in the RV park. Locked the toad and put the key fob in the glove box right inside the entry door. While walking the dog later that evening I looked in the toad window and the doors were locked. After walking the dog I grabbed the toad door handle just to double check that it was locked. It unlocked and opened to my surprise. Turned out having the key fob in the glove box and the toad parked right in front of the coach was close enough to allow the door to unlock.

I now keep the key fob in the bedroom so it’s far enough away to not allow the toad to unlock.

Chuck
    Great info, Love that you still use the Term "Glove Box". I do also.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

As do I. Call me a relic, but what else would that storage compartment passenger side dash be called?

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

It aught to be what Mack trucks have made out of it. A very accessable and service friendly fuse box. Stick the gloves somewhere else.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by BGLogistics View Post
    As do I. Call me a relic, but what else would that storage compartment passenger side dash be called?
    Good old fashioned saying right there. My Wife doesn't like this but growing up in New Hampshire we called a Purse a "Pocketbook".
    Mike Giboney

Quote Originally Posted by Ck2hans View Post
    Heads up:

Chuck
    Chuck, you don't have an Ice Box in your bus do you?
    Mike Giboney

Haha our "icebox" growing up was a Philco. My Grandma's was Frigidaire, Grandpa's (other side) was Kelvinator.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Hey Mike:
    If my Aqua Hot ever quit working this time of year I might have a Ice Box.
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide

So help an old guy out.

What do you call a glove box these day?

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide

Good point I just learned this as well with my new Ram!