Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Talked to Coachnet and the customer service was excellent. Much better than Good Sam. The quote was Prevost specific so I assume that they are more knowledgeable.

Called Good Sam to cancel and they didn't even ask why.

Goodby Good Sam!

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Hi Mark, We’ve heard good things about CoachNet...and will be signing up with them in end-March/early-April. If you don’t mind us asking - how were their membership rates compared to Good Sam? And, does CoachNet have a bigger allowance for towing costs?
    Thank you,
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I have had to call Coach Net for a tow twice. One to pull me back because my drive wheels were stuck in the mud. They sent a BIG Wrecker who pulled the coach back about 10 ft. The charge ZERO. The second time while we were in Canada, we got diesel with algae in it. We were towed about 15 miles to a repair shop. The driver knew exactly what to do...pulled the axles, capped the hubs so we would not loose the oil, attached air line, made the tow, The charge ZERO. I also have called them about 3 times for tire problems.....ZERO cost.
    You must tell them that you are a BUS, and to send the proper equipment. They also will have a record of the type of coach you have.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

That is consistent with their language "No mileage or dollar amount limits – no out of pocket expense when towing your disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility." I would think that the only point of conversation would be what is a "qualified repair facility".

See quote below. I declined the hazard protection. I may regret it, but seems like $370 per year is more prepaid expense than insurance.

My Original Quote:
    Rates for one year of the Premier Coach is $249.00 for the 1st year and $169.00 for the renewal rate, again this covers any vehicle you and your wife drive (excluding commercial vehicles and antique cars)

Bundle rate for the Premier roadside assistance and Preferred hazard protection for the 1st year is $609.00, thats $239.00 for the roadside and $370.00 for the hazard protection.

You may choose to bundle services for up to 5 years, providing greater savings.

I would think that the only point of conversation would be what is a "qualified repair facility".

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Thank you, Mark (and, everyone)! Tend to agree about the Hazard protection. Otherwise, very affordable.
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL