I was stuck on the side of the highway with the transmission stuck in 1st gear. Worked with Prevost Pass who hooked me up with the only towing service that Prevost Fort Worth would recommend / use.

After the tow, I called Good Sam to find out how to get reimbursed. They reminded me that I should have called them first. Said that I could submit an application for reimbursement. So I did.

Crickets for some time then got a letter saying I was denied because I did not call them first. Called customer service four times since then. Explained the situation, said that I would accept a partial reimbursement if that dollar amount did not match their expectations. I understand that you wanted me to call first but there was really only one choice ... Each time they said that a claims person would call me and discuss this. Never did. Today I called again and they said that it was denied and case was closed and could not be re-opened. I asked why I never received a call and was told that "they had no reason to call you".

So, I need to decide if I want to keep the Good Sam roadside assistance. Who are you using for assistance that you trust to tow your bus and actually treat you like a person and not a number ... they have no reason to call you...