Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bikes to the Rally

Default Bikes to the Rally

How many are planning to bring bikes to the Rally? Trying to decide, but not all that familiar with Texass weather that time of year?

dalej Guest

Tom, we are bringing our Road King. There is a ride planned I think. It sounds like a nice area of Texas and we have never seen that part. We hope to do some riding. I know they been having rain this past week, but you never know about the weather.

Red face If you don't go for a ride, it won't rain

While Peg and I are both Lifetime HOG Members and Lifetime Houston Area 1 Harley members, we are without our Harleys at the present time.

If you have the ability to bring your bikes, I would say to absolutely bring them. Riding them through the hills of east Texas and all around the country side around Kerrville, will be truly a fantastic experience, you won't soon forget. http://www.texfiles.com/tourintexas/...utes/index.htm

Don't let the possibility of a little rain scare you off. You know how it goes, "If you don't go for a ride, it won't rain."

You guys go and have a great time on your harleys, I will just be stuck peddling my two wheeler around the park.

Gary, My wife and I are both riders but dont have a way to transport the bike to Texas this trip. Are you aware of a rental facility in the area of Kerrville to rent Harleys ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default Big Twin HD rents for about $130

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    Gary, My wife and I are both riders but dont have a way to transport the bike to Texas this trip. Are you aware of a rental facility in the area of Kerrville to rent Harleys ?
    The Only place I could think of is Javelina Harley Davidson in Boerne, TX, about 35 miles http://www.javelinaharley.com/ from Kerrville, just down the road on I-10.

They said I should call Alamo HD for availability and such (210) 646-0499.

A Big Twin HD rents for about $130, for 24 hours. I left a message for more information, but feel free if you are more interested in whats available to call them at the (210) number above.

Gary S

Gary, Thanks for the info. Wrote down the number to rent and waiting for a more precise weather forecast closer to Rally Week.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

bill&jody Guest

t4u-
    mine's coming with.

but you knew that. :-)

wmm

dalej Guest

By any chance is anyone bringing one of these to Kerrville?

I saw a couple of them in Phoenix. They really caught my eye having never seen them before. I guess they just came out this January or so.

Want to read more?...http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A11892.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dalej; 04-12-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Lightbulb

Kind'a looks like a personal watercraft with wheels. What is it really?

JIM

Chris and Debbie Yates Guest

Tom, I will be taking the roadglide to Kerrville. I rode the backroads in that area last year, great twisties and pretty country. The weather up here in North Texas has been fantastic for the past couple of days so I am keeping my fingers crossed for similar conditions. There is a cool town called Bandera a little South of where we will be staying, should be a fun ride down there for lunch. I will even pay

AP