Thread: Future Newbie Owner!

Default Future Newbie Owner!

Howdy everyone!

We're currently looking for our future coach, something between a 99-2004 X or H. We're open to something needing some work, and I may have found that. This one might be over our head's though!

The coach we're currently looking at is a 1999 H3-45, Vantare Featherlight. The current owner has said the control board for the blinds/shades and projector screens stopped working. He's given me a photo of it. It has potentially had water drip on it from the satellite cable entry point on the roof (has since been re-sealed). Is there any hope for finding or fixing this board? Should we move on? Without it, apparently the shades/blinds and the projector screens do not function.

Thanks in advance!

Getting a replacement board will be tough. Has the problem on the existing board been identified?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Being a Featherlite that sounds like a Donnie Myers question. Hopefully he will see and answer.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Quote Originally Posted by PrevostNewbie View Post
    Getting a replacement board will be tough. Has the problem on the existing board been identified?
    The current owner didn't really say much beyond none of those items work due to the board being MIA. He did say at one point he had a lead on someone in NC that might be able to fix it? But otherwise for now...

If you really like the coach and the floorplan works for you, then I would suggest you consider this just a negotiating point and move forward with the purchase. Things like blinds will fail on these older coaches and there's a variety of solutions to simply replace them and quit trying to work with the old custom technology put in by the finishers. A whole new set of blinds is not necessarily cheap, but certainly do-able. Put a $30k cost on the solution and take that off your offer price.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Call Mr. Myer. He will either have it fix it or tellu where to repair it if he wont.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-04-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I grew up a huge Star Trek fan, good stuff there. Water damage oh my, Look real close and make sure there are no other major water damage issues going on. We just had out first rain here in SoCal, and i found out both my driver and passenger windows need to be pulled and resealed. My roof held up great.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Quote Originally Posted by PrevostNewbie View Post
    I grew up a huge Star Trek fan, good stuff there. Water damage oh my, Look real close and make sure there are no other major water damage issues going on. We just had out first rain here in SoCal, and i found out both my driver and passenger windows need to be pulled and resealed. My roof held up great.
    Yeah, I'm a little more concerned now than I was. As I've dug in on the coach more, there's more water ingress discovered. An area of concern being on both the slide outs, the reason given was bad slide toppers having been torn. Owner claims they were replaced and that should have taken care of it. The work was done by Featherlight.

That said, I haven't had a chance to reach out to or attract Donnie Myers attention to get his perspective on the board and control system. We're still looking around in the mean time.

Slide toppers aren't required to prevent water intrusion.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion