Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Norgren venting opening leak

After looking high and low for a new valve and technical information regarding the lower valve on the firewall (K910026) I called the company in Canada that distributes the valve for Prevost. They have that valve back ordered with no idea when Norgren will ship any and they don't have any technical data on the valve. I determined that this valve may work https://www.norgren.com/us/en/detail/k41ea00ks1ka2 but it has a slightly different internal part. I'm not sure if I want to experiment with replacing it but at this point I only have one other choice. Radwell International can repair the valve. They offer no guarantee at $387.85. that includes a rush of $100.00 to have it back in 10 days. I'm on a waiting list to get the part from Prevost in Sommerville, NJ. Liberty Coach is also on a waiting list. I wonder how many people have a coach sitting useless waiting for this part!
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Wow! Try these people from a random Firefox search. Also note that on this site they say that the valve is discontinued?
    https://www.radwell.com/en-US/Buy/NO...RGREN/K910026/

I may have missed it, but have you talked to Norgren to see if they have a work around or an alternate part?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

What are your symptoms that lead you towards this valve being bad?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

I spoke to Radwell as I mentioned they can rebuild it but they do not have that valve in stock. To answer mikes question. The lower valve that I need was leaking from the port. The other valve that I ordered for the left rear (K910060) that I received has the exact same valve body with a different end on it that looks like it can be swapped out if it has no seal damage. I will take some pictures and post them here later. I'm going to tackle the job today and see where I wind up.
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

I replaced the Norgren valve in the front (K910060) for the left rear leveling. The valve bodies are the same as the lower valve (K910026) on the back wall, this is the valve that is unavailable for 2 months.. I was hoping that the spool would be the same in both valve bodies but it is not. My theory was if it was the same I would get another K910060 and swap the ends and be good to go. Unfortunately they are different. Reluctantly I shipped the valve off to Radwell International, LLC in Willingboro, NJ for repair. They have repaired this valve before. At $387.00 for a rush turn around in 4 days, twice the cost of a new one from Prevost. I will follow up on this when I get the repaired valve back and installed.
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Another option in the future is to simply rebuilt the valve yourself. Relatively simple. Take pictures are you go. Wipe out the interior with brake-clean or similar product. Either replace the O-rings or lube them with some vasaline prior to reassembly. I've saved several Norgrens from the trash heap using this technique.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Joe,
    Thanks for the advice. I have changed o rings on many things but the barrel on this valve has 2 o rings that look more like a button with a hole in the middle, nearly impossible to remove without damage; which I discovered. I looked low and high for a replacement kit. Found something that might have worked on Amazon but they never shipped it. This particular barrel that floats inside the manifold looks as though it comes apart to replace the o rings. Without proper equipment I have no idea how you could stretch that o ring over the barrel without damaging it. Good news is Radwell contacted me and said they can repair the valve after looking at it. This company has 3-D printers and a serious machine shop so I assume they could probably rebuild the valve from the ground up if they had to. Additionally they give a 1 year warranty on the repair.
    I wish it was simply replacing a few o rings from the multiple kits I have but no such luck! If you have any details on replacing o rings on this particular valve I would be curious!
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

I am not an o-ring expert in any definition. If it's not an easy 'just lube it', or 'just replace it', then i'm out of my skill bucket fast.
    I'm been amazed at the number of times i've gotten old things to work by just cleaning and adding some lubrication. But as you state, this doesn't always work.
    Keep us posted in progress.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Radwell contacted me and said the valve is repairable and should have it back in a week. There are going to be a lot of people going the rebuild route if I get my coach off the floor! I can't guess how many coaches are waiting for this valve!
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Radwell International repaired and shipped my valve back in a week. I installed it along with the new valve above the repaired one and all is working perfectly. I also located the source of the oil that was going through the valves that destroyed all of the o-rings. The auxiliary air compressor was the culprit. I disconnected the main line from the compressor and shot it full of brake cleaner and let it run for 1/2 hour disconnected. It ran dry with no oil so I buttoned everything up. The oil is a mystery. The auxiliary air compressor was replaced before I got the coach so this sis something I need to investigate.
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens