Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US 50

Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park

Screenshot_20220108-141435.jpg

I often find my nose in a map in my spare time.

Well I ran across this canyon campground and I drove right by it last spring. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Look at the last 60 or 70 miles up that pass after u leave US 50 way down in the bottom right corner. I'm going back sometime this summer. Take a week start in pueblo. Do 3 2 night stays. The first days ride to this canyon campgrounds would also include the asphalt that they paved monarch pass with, it's just a bit over an hour west of Pueblo as u head over the divide going west That would be one amazing single day trip successfully accomplished.

There is 1000 reviews for the park and it's 5 star. I bet it's amazing. If I bring a bike it will have an electric front hub for sure and I'll be doing more photography than hiking. The last leg of road in looks wicked good. Imagine First 100 miles out of pueblo over Monarch pass your companion begins to catch thier breath on the dicent then bam second half day 1 up this canyon pass. Just the thought of that excites me.

Day 1 approximately a 250 mile trip if starting in pueblo. Prob stay 2 nights. Then get to drive it out starting leg 2! Ahhhhhh.

Leg 2 south 200 miles or so to another currently undiscovered gem setting up for leg 3 a ride back east over the divide again on some other 2 lane pass I haven't been down yet to stop another couple nights and then point er back towards the barn.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-09-2022 at 08:33 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines