Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New member. No coach yet but ready to buy.

Irish 68 Guest

Default New member. No coach yet but ready to buy.

I have a lot of questions on Prevos. First, if money isn't an object which are the best models for the last 2-3 years. What options are best and which are to be avoided if any? What would be a high estimate for average annual expenses if I used the coach several months out of the year? Is there an experienced owner out there who is willing to chat on the phone to answer some lengthy questions? I'm trying to get as much research done in a little time before I make a purchase. Any and all information would be much appreciated.

I 68,

There may be as many opinions about your questions as there are POG members. Welcome to the asylum and let us see if we can spend your money.

I do 100% of my own work and I almost never have a repair. I always have some maintenance event coming due, and I may go overboard, but I would rather do preventative maintenance rather than a repair. My costs over 17 years of ownership have varied, but I think it is safe to say over a broad period of time your out of pocket for fuel and maintenance supplies, including tires, batteries, all fluids, filters, etc you will spend $1.25 a mile.

Remember, my costs do not involve a penny of anyone else's labor. Remember also that the cost to operate a Prevost conversion is chump change compared to depreciation and lost earnings (or interest) on the invested capital.

Rather than ask what options should be added or avoided, you should ask how will you use the coach and what do you need to make your coach as comfortable and enjoyable.

If you have spent a few evenings looking at every coach for sale on the internet today a few things will become apparent just from that search. The first is that the prices vary from well over $1,000,000 to $100,000. Is the $1,000,000 coach $900,000 better than the $100,000 coach? No. But it is new, it comes with a warranty, and although you will spend time at the converter and Camp Prevost attending to the little glitches that show up the problems have no financial impact on you. With the low priced coach you may be on your own should repairs be required.

Once you decide what you want such as slides, a private bath, a table and chairs (or a dinette), an XL or an H3, a Series 60 or an 8V92, then you have narrowed your focus and you can really begin to ask questions and get specific opinions. Where you live and where you will travel is another consideration because if you live in San Diego and never stray more than a few hundred miles from there, it might not be wise to select a coach converted by an east coast company for example. On the other hand, if you stray far and wide and you are running to a schedule you may want a coach that has no computers but has simple devices such as relays and switches and circuit breakers that you can trouble shoot and repair yourself.

Share more information with us about your wants, needs, likes and dislikes and the quality of the information will be very good and to the point. This group represents a tremendous amount of knowledge, and because we may run into you at rallies in the future we may not lie to you. Or maybe we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish 68 View Post
    I have a lot of questions on Prevos. First, if money isn't an object which are the best models for the last 2-3 years.

Are you interested in adopting a nice, fun loving guy, his wife, and our small dog? If so, I will send resume. Will drive your new 2008 Liberty XLII or other brand for nothing and meet you anywhere you want me to meet you.

But you have to hurry, and decide which bus you want, the POG III rally is coming up the end of this month. You got to make it to this rally, with or without a bus. In fact, I would strongly suggest, you come without, and learn lots about the bus' first and then go and have lots of fun.

Gary S

Crap the the coach wannbe guys are going to out number the coach owners before too long.

I-68, I'll bet that if money is no object, you can own a really nice coach in short order, so welcome to the POG and don't be a tire kicker; go out and buy that coach. Quick.

We will add you to the OVER / UNDER pool on who buys the next coach.

JDUB

By any chance, are you a "Domer" . Maybe just a football fan from South Bend? Call anytime. We can help. And no, I don't sell any coaches, I've just had a few over the years. Jump in and see if you can have as much fun as any of us do.!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

So you've got this rally going where some guys don't have a camper and other guys have 2.

What's up with that.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    So you've got this rally going where some guys don't have a camper and other guys have 2.

What's up with that.....?

It's just the story of life. There are the haves and the have-nots.

There are a half dozen converters out there, mabe a few more. Marathon,Liberty, Featherlite, Millenium, Parliment,Country Coach,American Carriage and so on. If you are anxious to buy, stick with one of the top 4 or five and narrow it buy your personal tastes. Make sure to consider which company will be there when you need them. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    It's just the story of life. There are the haves and the have-nots.
    Unfortunately this HAVE, HAVE-NOTs any CASH .

Owning 2 busses is not necessarily a good thing, unless your BOB-00.

Mango

Just Plain Jeff Guest

This picture, albeit a small one, has been secreted out of the Mango Church of Love/Warehouse area.

There must be something more to the story....