I 68,

There may be as many opinions about your questions as there are POG members. Welcome to the asylum and let us see if we can spend your money.

I do 100% of my own work and I almost never have a repair. I always have some maintenance event coming due, and I may go overboard, but I would rather do preventative maintenance rather than a repair. My costs over 17 years of ownership have varied, but I think it is safe to say over a broad period of time your out of pocket for fuel and maintenance supplies, including tires, batteries, all fluids, filters, etc you will spend $1.25 a mile.

Remember, my costs do not involve a penny of anyone else's labor. Remember also that the cost to operate a Prevost conversion is chump change compared to depreciation and lost earnings (or interest) on the invested capital.

Rather than ask what options should be added or avoided, you should ask how will you use the coach and what do you need to make your coach as comfortable and enjoyable.

If you have spent a few evenings looking at every coach for sale on the internet today a few things will become apparent just from that search. The first is that the prices vary from well over $1,000,000 to $100,000. Is the $1,000,000 coach $900,000 better than the $100,000 coach? No. But it is new, it comes with a warranty, and although you will spend time at the converter and Camp Prevost attending to the little glitches that show up the problems have no financial impact on you. With the low priced coach you may be on your own should repairs be required.

Once you decide what you want such as slides, a private bath, a table and chairs (or a dinette), an XL or an H3, a Series 60 or an 8V92, then you have narrowed your focus and you can really begin to ask questions and get specific opinions. Where you live and where you will travel is another consideration because if you live in San Diego and never stray more than a few hundred miles from there, it might not be wise to select a coach converted by an east coast company for example. On the other hand, if you stray far and wide and you are running to a schedule you may want a coach that has no computers but has simple devices such as relays and switches and circuit breakers that you can trouble shoot and repair yourself.

Share more information with us about your wants, needs, likes and dislikes and the quality of the information will be very good and to the point. This group represents a tremendous amount of knowledge, and because we may run into you at rallies in the future we may not lie to you. Or maybe we will.