Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Periodic Webasto Shutdown

On my 99 CC the Webasto light that turns red should go out when the unit is not running. Stays unlit.
    The only calls for heat are the thing I mentioned before, the thermostat for any of the two zones, the engine heat loop, the hot water heaters or the bay heat coils in the plumbing bay.
    If your Webasto light is staying light all the time even if you have turned off the central heat button, there is a problem with the card in the ECC cabinet.

I am finally working on the webasto. I have two identical small fuel filters in series. I did not see anything about two filters being required in the manual. Is this something that is required or has someone modified this over time?

Since they are the same, I am not sure what the advantage is unless someone is worried that one of them could have a catastrophic failure and the second would continue to protect the pump and nozzle. But this would only be the case if the first one failed not the second.

In addition, two in series puts more suction head on the pump making it harder to get fuel.

Am I missing something?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

My 99 had the two white plastic filters.
    I took them out an installed the smaller Racor filter next to the bigger Racor for the engine.
    A suggestion is to check your fuel lines to the filters and from the fuel tank, mine were dry rotting and cracking which can suck air into the line. Those lines get very brittle over time.

Thanks Buddy. For the time being, I am thinking of using one of the plastic filters similar to the Webasto diagrams.

What filter size (microns) did you decide on for yours?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Just a heads up... the small plastic fuel filter on our Webasto was rated for gasoline, not diesel. There is a similar filter for diesel but it is not as widespread available. I ended up ordering it on line.

For my application, I used WIX 33972. Here is the product description that mentions the diesel/gas application:

PARTS DETAIL Principal Application: Plastic Universal In-line fuel filter w/ 5/16 lines - can be used w/ gasoline or diesel fuel (33002 only to be used w/ gas) Style: Fuel (Complete In-Line) Filter Service: Fuel Type: Full Flow Media: Plastic Mesh Height: 3.636 Outer Diameter Top: 1.828 Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed Burst Pressure-PSI: 58 Max Flow Rate: 1 GPM Nominal Micron Rating: 50
    Last edited by BadFitter; 01-21-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

I think it was a Racor (Parker Ind) 2010 with a 2 micron filter.

I had a similar issue with my Webasto shutting down in the TX cold snap once the temps got below 15°. Just on a hunch put a gallon of diesel conditioner in the tank which was full at 200 gallons and ran the main engine for two hours. It appeared to heat up the fuel, if that was the issue, and when I fired back up the Webasto worked like a charm since. It ran a full week after the shutting down episodes. Didn’t think it was cold enough to cause a gelling issue but the conditioner seemed to work and maybe that fuel line to the Webasto is so thin it was struggling to get enough fuel? I also notice now it appears the Webasto is smoking less now and burning cleaner? Will get in for service now it’s warmer either way.
    Kirk & Donna
    2006 Country Coach
    2022 Ford Bronco