Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help please, trying to find 2" shank for Prevost 20 lb hitch

No Gil I have the same picture in my manual, that's how dated it is.

Prevost posts that because they don't want you pulling any weight back there. They prefer if you tow 20k to buy a truck not a bus.

Industry standard is 10% of hitch towing capacity for tongue weight and Prevost knows that. Also what they don't post in pictures is drop and rise ball mounts to manipulate tongue weight.

It is very unlikey anyone can load a stacker to 20k gross and keep1500lbs of TW. Trying to stay around 2000lbs TW is a chore in itself. You have to be seasoned to even get close.

Prevost as I said earlier does not like us towing heavy so that popup is a deterrent.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by truxton View Post
    No Gil I have the same picture in my manual, that's how dated it is.

Prevost posts that because they don't want you pulling any weight back there. They prefer if you tow 20k to buy a truck not a bus.

Industry standard is 10% of hitch towing capacity for tongue weight and Prevost knows that. Also what they don't post in pictures is drop and rise ball mounts to manipulate tongue weight.

It is very unlikey anyone can load a stacker to 20k gross and keep1500lbs of TW. Trying to stay around 2000lbs TW is a chore in itself. You have to be seasoned to even get close.

Prevost as I said earlier does not like us towing heavy so that popup is a deterrent.

Later
    bv
    How do you like towing your stacker with the X3?

Any information you can provide regarding the pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. (road and campground/resort experiences, etc)

Thank you

Elliot

I sent my phone number to you in a private message. You can call me, much easier to explain variables in pulling a stacker.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker