Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to POG Looking for block heater plug on Detroit 60 Series

There may be a switch at the driver's position, I can't remember. The plug is likely upper right side of the engine bay just inside the rear doors.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Dave I just noticed your 50°comment. What r u referring to the thermostat in the cabin? In the plumbing bay?? Pleae explain that is confusing to me.

U have 4 separate pumps and loops on the aqua hot. 2 r cabin. 1 is water heater/plumbing bay. Those 3 loops cycle according to their corresponding thermostats. The 4th pump is the engine loop and has no thermostat just an on off switch. If u turn that pump on it cycles constant and eventually the engine coolant will get to the same temp as the aquaphot boiler and that stays between about 160• and 180° regardless of where u set the thermostats in the cabin, if it's working correctly. Does that help?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-02-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

There is a block heater switch above the derive, I just wanted to hook it up to a timer on cold days. Thanks for all of the input.
    Norman

The timer would be only to save electricity te element does not require it at all. Plug the timer into the outlet in the engine bay.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

These links should help in posting pictures: How to Add a/an Avatar, Profile or Signature. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...e-or-Signature
    How to add a Picture to your Post: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...-Post-Tutorial
    Last edited by dale farley; 12-06-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!