Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Microair EasyStart Work

Default Does the Microair EasyStart Work

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's proof positive that the Microair EasyStart does what it says it does. Here are identical air conditioners at start up. One with the EasyStart and one without. The data was captured by my Home's Sense unit. This further confirms what my inverters report. Without the EasyStart I will get Overcurrent faults but never with the EasyStart. After over a year of use, I'll say, it works!
    EasyStart Comparison.jpg

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Side note, but how fun is Sense! I love mine.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Mark,

I find Sense too slow to recommend what an appliance is. I wish you could tag the appliance as it displays. I still have appliances it hasn't tagged in months. Even my new home AC unit has been in for over 2 months and it hasn't identified it. Otherwise, pretty cool.

Gil and Durlene

Gil have you played with the TED system? We use them in some of our energy audits. Once the coach actually gets back home I am thinking of hooking one up to see how it does. A little more money then the sense system and more detailed. TED The Energy Detective

Ben,

As I read the TED it is more cumbersome to install and lacks any granularity below whatever is collectively powered on the circuit being monitored.

I like the Sense histogram and specific device monitoring without anything else being included in the graph. I have a phantom load at 3-4am daily that I haven't nailed down yet.

My last air conditioning system was known. It's displayed showed clear evidence it was working longer every day. Yep, a refrigerant leak.

Overall and for the price, I like it.

Gil and Durlene

Yes it is a pain to install. I’ll have to get a sense and play with it.

I repaced all of my roof top units with low profile MPS DC 24V 12000 BTU 22 amps ea in very hot days, very quiet, one can run on solar all day, but not enough panels for the rest, those units are very quiet, no pick current, they are variable speed, so the temperature inside is allways even, they also run on 115/230V 50/60 if you are on shore power or generator, that transfer is automatic, all my batteries were replaced to Lifo4 military grade stainless, each gives me a total of 24hours 1 unit without running my generator nor charging by batteries.. I wamted to put pictures butI am new here and not able to find the way..

GIL. do they help on cruise aires. ??
    99 marathon xlv 45 #547 red ram 4x4

Mabruteam,
    To add a picture to a reply, while composing your message in the editor screen click on the Icon just above labeled "Insert Image". If you briefly pause your mouse over each of the icons it will show you what each icon does, so you can find the "Insert Image" icon.

Also, it's very helpful for you to have a signature line that includes your coach year, finisher. Your name and related details can also be added. This helps responders and readers understand the context of your posts and gets better responses from the community.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Quote Originally Posted by twslp View Post
    GIL. do they help on cruise aires. ??
    Yes, several have used them.

Gil and Durlene