Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Satellite System

https://www.mobilemusthave.com/

if you want reliable cellular internet for your bus contact link above. They are experts in mobile internet and will provide tech support. it will require an antenna on the bus roof. equipment is $700 for bundle. they can also provide an unlimited data plan with no throttle. once you have good internet, sign up for whatever streaming apps yon want/need. this is really a solution targeted at those who are on the road allot.

David,

You don't have to watch TV to take advantage of your satellite system. Many that have them use them for music and newscasts.

Starlink is certainly not the first to attempt internet via low earth orbit satellites. This service has been available for a long time. They launched their satellites from a plane, dramatically reducing their launch costs. Satellites and sapce launches aren't for the faint of heart. We use to build the large scale communications satellites quite a few years ago. The company I worked for also managed a space launch facility.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I have been a cord cutter for about 7 years now. At home I use Youtube TV, seems nicer when you have less hardware to worry about. In this Bus when i get to the inside work, i am going to put a Roku and a chromecast to stream from my devices.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

We've been streaming at our house for about 4 years, but not because we want to. Our PoS cable company and largest in the nation has never been able to make a cable box work since they went all digital. Now we put up with buffering and total outages. And the killer we are still paying for cable service. The biggest bitch I have is that local broadcasts aren't carried on any app for free even though they have been carried over the much more costly airwaves for free since the beginning of broadcast TV. I don't doubt we will have ubiquitous and reliable high speed internet everywhere some day, that day just isn't in the foreseeable future. Sadly, the Government has never deemed internet services as necessity like they did with phone service. Until then, the cost of supporting low density remote customers is not cost effective for any service provider.

Gil and Durlene

Gil:
    If there is anything good to come out of Covid-19, internet providers are being forced to step up their game because of all the people working @ home.
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Chuck, there could be. The school systems, major employers, and government agencies are paying for more access to support the work and learn at how initiatives. I wouldn't be surprised to see government grants to support the build out of broadband for all initiatives. But maybe not. Cisco Systems didn't make their sales projections.

Gil and Durlene

Gil:
    It's 2020. nothing is normal
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Joe, The future is all wireless and using a priority based shared user packet architecture. AKA: IP. As a result, buffering is inevitable, although should be minimized for time sensitive content such as a voice call. Believe it or not, all our voice calls, even on land lines are now transmitted via this new packet architecture. Even your cell phone buffers once in a while. Ever hear the other persons voice go away or sound briefly like Mickey Mouse? That's buffering.
    So while I know it's irritating for us old farts who grew up with a solid phone line, the future is going to go further away from dedicated bandwidth and more towards a shared model. Which inevitably means buffering. Sigh....
    When you're out here in the west next spring, I can go over more of this with you and recommend some options.
    I'd be honored to teach the master something he doesn't know.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Joe, although I've been away from the telecommunications industry for a while I'd be surprised to find the Telcos carrying landline voice over IP. Sure wireless and cable providers do. I would expect the unions to stop such a move given the data side of the Telcos was never union.

Gil and Durlene

Are landlines still a thing? I guess commercial facilities with a receptionist and "switchboard" still use it.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII