Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nitrogen

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Nice try Jon.

We will be putting this to rest in short order.

I prefer to just say no to 40 degree weather......

Joe,

First, I want a certified independent testing labratory to verify the results. Second I want to witness the test.

Look at it from my point of view. I got an Italian guy (from Chicago no less) thats going to have his brother in law decide who buys who dinner. At this point I'm afraid I know the results and I'm expecting two guys to come collecting and I'm starting to worry about my knee caps.

Before you do anything rash remember that I know guys that know guys. I got a friend we call Denny (the undertaker) and he is my body (get it?) guard.

Jon

Have no fear when I am around. You know that I am the last guy to let you down.

"You know that I am the last guy to let you down."

Denny, I sure don't want you to let me down....I want you to protect me. I have a feeling Joe means business.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

!0 lbs Jon he had a 10lb increase on his drives. It was 85 degrees he was not loaded heavy and that was after a couple of hours at highway speed.

He said that the trlr was in fact already nitrogened up so no info there to compare with but if I compare that to what happens to our bus, those tires grow slightly more 12 to 15 lbs.

I believe if he were loaded heavy and it were up in the mid 90's they would have grown more.

We will have to wait to see what happens in freezing temps and cold weather pressure drop.

It ain't lookin good for the home team.

Joe,

You are toast. I got Peter on my side and he is talking smack. His post is somewhere around here.

Quit worrying about gas and get polishing those slack adjusters.

Joe,

I hate to be a skeptic, but I think the only fair way to really evaluate this (without using an independent testing lab), is to put nitrogen on one side of the vehicle, and air on the other. Then measure differences between left and right side several times over a course of time.

Then, after a suitable number of those checkings, reverse the mixtures such that they are now on the opposite side. DO NOT simply move tires to the other side of vehicle. You'll have to drain and refill each tire (or set of tires) with the opposite gas. Make similar testing comparisons.

Unfortunately, saying tire pressure went up 10 lbs doesn't really say anything. There are a whole host of factors which affect tire pressure, and internal gases would only be one of those many factors.

Honestly, I don't know whether nitrogen does or doesn't "work", but you need to compare nitrogen against air at the SAME time, trying to keep all other variables constant. That's why you must test both air and nitrogen on the same vehicle, at the same time. And to make sure it's not tire related, you have to switch in your test, half way through.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Toast? Is that all your gonna eat

Joe, Now I got "big Ray" on my side. This is looking bad for youse guys from Chicago. You know I'm serious when the west coast guys are taking sides.

Trouble is the guns we will all be using are infrared thermometers.