Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
I am tending to side with Jon on this topic. I feel if the Nitrogen is available to you at little to no cost then it does have some benefits. If you are conscientious in tire maintenance, which is paramount to safety, then you don't need it. Examine your tires and check pressure frequently, take pains and do not let water into tires when mounting and use the driest air available when inflating.

To fill a tire with Nitrogen deflate it to about 50% and bring it up to pressure with the nitrogen. Repeat this process and you will have for practical purposes a tire filled with Nitrogen.

Some Nitrogen facts: Air is composed of about 80% Nitrogen anyway. Nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules.

QUESTION FOR THOUGHT:
It is claimed that tire pressure from Nitrogen is more stable, because it excludes moisture and the nitrogen molecules do not permeate through the rubber as does the Oxygen. If so then if the Oxygen leaks out and the Nitrogen remains then how long before you have a tire filled with pure Nitrogen just from repeated filling.

JIM
You gotta give up on this one Joe. I'm still on Jon's side!