Thread: I 35 between Austin and Ft Worth.

Default I 35 between Austin and Ft Worth.

Quite the adrenaline rush.. Posted speed is 75. About maybe just more than half of the traffic is moving along in the right 2 lanes at 82 or 83 mph.

The other 45% is steadily walking on by in the hammer lane.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

It's like that here in the LA area, The left lane used to be the fast lane, now it's the slow lane.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

U misunderstood. People r driving close to 90 and more in the hammer lane. Lots of people. Driving at the speed limit in any lane u r at a huge differential in speed and r creating a bottleneck.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 10-26-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hey Joe, I drive that route a lot as I have family in Austin...You should see me driving at my max of 60 miles per hour..LOL I love to make Texans mad...go Sooners..

If I recall correctly you do have a near 100 mph camper. Should be a non-issue . Not overly proud of it, but I have seen 85 mph+ pulling trailer - AFTER moving over to let another vehicle on highway. Then that car insists on maintaining EXACT same speed as me - no matter if I slow down, speed up etc. All the while vehicles behind me impatient and moving right to attempt to go around. Took 85 mph+ on a downgrade to finally get back over.
    Last edited by BGLogistics; 10-26-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Same thing on I-45 to Houston. People routinely going back and forth between the metroplex and these cities do not waste any time. Get in a pace line and you will be running 85 to 95 or more for mile after mile. Of course that is in the Beamer not the bus ha!

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Billy,

That is why I put my bus on 60 miles per hour and never move over...At 60 in a 75 zone, anyone has the opportunity to speed up a bit to merge...I get a lot of gestures, but never had one in their little bitty cars, try to ram into me and push me over...I think I will win on that...BUT I do let trucks merge as I may not win on that one..

David

It seems most "opportunities" to merge for drivers entering freeway are missed. I guess the term "acceleration lane" was never taught, or ignored. So many don't even look until their lane ends - then expect me to somehow not be in their way. I'm doin good to hold it to 65. Maybe 60 one day.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40