Thread: Generator Fuel Filter

Default Generator Fuel Filter

Hello,
    I change my oil and Filter for my 17.5 K Powertech Generator with a a ISUZU 4LE1 every 100 hours. What is the recommendation on changing the fuel filter. Should it be changed every service?
    My filter is not marked, does anyone know the part number?
    David Thomas
    1998 XL Featherlight

David,

We change fuel filters along with every oil change in our line of work. If you go to the Powertech web site you should be able to find the filter you are looking for. I have a kubota engine in my generator. I only buy parts from the Powertech store when I can't find the exact replacement. When you figure out the filter #, search around for filters elsewhere. Powertech is about 250% more then anywhere else. Believe me, I have lived through being forced to get parts from them.
    https://www.powertechgenerators.com/collections/filters

Hello,

Thanks for the info...yes I have emailed Powertech and asked about the filters...I just changed the Powertech head for my generator and want to really baby the system, BUT I did learn a lot in the process. And understand the generator set up are two different systems. My Izuzu 4LE manual states the service intervals are 250 hours for oil changes, 500 hours for filter changes, 500 hours for fuel filter change, 6 to 12 months for coolant changes (depending on water or long life coolant used).

I am very confused as I have read on this site several times to change oil and filter every one hundred hours.

Thoughts ?
    1998 Featherlight XL

I'd say most fuel filter change intervals are around 250 ours or more. Oil changes are between 150 to 250 hours on generators I've seen. Do an oil analysis at your 100 hour change and you'll likely discover the oil has plenty of life left. Every 4 days of continuous use would get old fast.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil:
    Who do you use for oil analysis?
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

I use Blackstone Labs. I'm told the Speedcos can do analysis while you wait.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion