Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Cooling Fan Clutch

And now for the rest of my cooling fan story story.
    I called the Prevost Car facility and talked to Dave in Service about the letter, the new clutch being in that group and what I had found by attempting to spin the fan. We talked a couple of times about a solution and I told him that if he was agreeable that I would stop by Wintergarden on the way to Naples and let them take a look. He said to give him a little while to do some checking. He called me back a short time later and said to just sit tight here at home and that Jason Greenway, the Prevost Moble Service Tech out of Atlanta (100 miles South), would be here at 10:30am this (Monday) morning. At 10:30 sharp This morning Jason rolled in. After just a minute of looking he determined the clutch did have a problem and proceeded to change it. He finished up and was gone by about 2:00pm. He partially disassembled the old clutch and determined that an internal part had been installed backwards during assembly by the manufacturer.
    And now for the bottom line. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what the cost was for this kind of first class service? The answer is not one red cent.
    In the times we live in today, I think that this kind of customer service and attention to a problem that was not the fault of Prevost Car, but that of a vendor, is absolutely phenomenal! I just wish that they made sports cars and pick-up trucks. I can't help but wonder if there are other manufacturers of motor coaches out there of this caliber. I have my doubts.
    My sincere thanks to Dave, Mike and Jason.
    John
    John and Judy Carroll
    1999 XLV Country Coach
    450 GC "Grande Center"
    2001 Jeep XJ, American Racing Mags

Maybe I need to run Jason down somewhere ... I am still waiting for Fort Worth Prevost to call me back and let me know what the plan is for yet another clutch.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

HI JOE. prevost sent me two one for a spare i ordered. I had cut one down I found at ace hardware and installed before the prevost order came. we drove to vegas and back a quick trip. looks good. FYI mine has tension. no screw. held in place by tension maybe 20 lbs or more. i did zip tie it. and i will watch it. also the prevost replacement spring is almost twin to the one i cut down. thanks.
    99 marathon xlv 45 #547 red ram 4x4

I'm glad I spun that fan for u when I was there John. Worked out good.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

John, your experience is a big reason to own a Prevost.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Yep. First class all the way. From the product, to the support of it.
    John and Judy Carroll
    1999 XLV Country Coach
    450 GC "Grande Center"
    2001 Jeep XJ, American Racing Mags

The good news is that we just pulled into West Palm Beach for the Prevost show! Lots of great looking buses here :-) Bad news is that 20 minutes north of here we ... you guessed it ... lost another fan clutch. This one has less than 2000 miles on it. Maybe some one hear at the show can help us get this figured out. I have honestly lost count but I think that this is the 6th failed clutch in 2 years.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Mark, run down Prevost service. They are here. I'm surprised your version of clutch has been such a problem.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I'm sure Mark was betting heavily on the Chiefs.

Mark could be a real asset... see what he bets on and go opposite.

Sorry Mark... hope your luck changes soon. Bad streaks come to an end.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Quote Originally Posted by twslp View Post
    HI JOE. prevost sent me two one for a spare i ordered. I had cut one down I found at ace hardware and installed before the prevost order came. we drove to vegas and back a quick trip. looks good. FYI mine has tension. no screw. held in place by tension maybe 20 lbs or more. i did zip tie it. and i will watch it. also the prevost replacement spring is almost twin to the one i cut down. thanks.
    Can someone post picture's and more info about the discussed problem
    Thanks late to the discussion
    George and Joan
    1998 Royale Aug 2019
    Goldsboro NC
    Just added a 2022 Ford King Ranch