Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you place the 'Rookie Stripe'?

Post Where do you place the 'Rookie Stripe'?

In early June, I will finally enter ranks of the Prevost Owners world when I will take delivery of a 2003 45' XL Country Coach with dual slides. This will be a long 2 months since I have to wait for the current owner to receive his new 2008 Prevost from Country Coach. Over the years I have been amazed how Prevosts 10-15 years old look as if they just rolled off the showroom floor. Is there any secret to keeping the stainless so beautiful - since I have only been in the fiberglass world up to now - I would like to start out on the right foot.

Miles Circo
    Wittman, Maryland

Congradulations Miles. Its all a Journey...enjoy the ride! I use Turtle wax for Chrome ,Aluminum & S.S. I use Turtle wax liquidwax for the Paint. Seems to work very well. If you keep the Coach outside for lengths at a time, wash the roof every 2-3 months. Keeps down on Black Streaking. I usually wash the Coach every 1-2 months (Turtle Wax Car Wash)depending on the Weather. I live in dry area, so it does,nt need a lot of upkeep.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

The rookie srtipe on a first time owner comes in the form of a GREAT BIG GRIN

We still haven't been able to shed ours, 1 year and counting.

Congradulations.

Had the previous owners known or were they interested in POG?

Miles,

Congratulations. I have never waxed my stainless. However, when I wash the coach I always dry the stainless before it water spots.

Default Doesnt Wax What?

Miles : Congrats on the new coach. Like Joe says the rookie stripe is the big Grin!

A1 Jon says he has never waxed his stainless, that's cause he is waxing his slack adjusters, air valves caps inside and out, all the copper & brass tubing, his air intake, his wheels, his everything but stainless gets waxed! I think even the inside of his rims are shiny. He just doesn't have time after all that to wax more.

Welcome to POG, its good to have you.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Miles,

Welcome aboard, glad your making the Prevost plunge. Sounds like the next few months will drive you crazy, but it will be over before you know it and the grin won't go away for a long time. My bus is almost 10 years old and like many others in this group, you can't tell the age. There is no comparison with the plastic world. Like Jon said, dry the stainless and it will look great. I keep a spray bottle of vinegar and water in the bus and that takes care of the stainless.

Ask lots of questions, that's what were here for....

lewpopp Guest

Miles,

There are several schools of thought on the stainless. I was told by one knowledgeable owner that you shouldn't waste your time waxing the stainless. As Jon wipes it down after a washto control spots, I use some vunegar (just a drop or so) and water and use a microfiber cloth to touch up the coach inbetween washes when I notice a few spots.

What are you protecting when you wax SS? Without the wax you can keep it cleaner than with the wax. I have a 90 and am very proud if it.

You'll need rouge to really polish if you need that and I doubt you'll need that.
    Lew

Question What Comes First

Miles, welcome and good luck on the buy. Come to Kerrville without the bus. You can then be up to speed when you get yours.
    For now it will be Waning before Waxing.
    JIM

dalej Guest

Miles, Jim had a great idea. It would be well worth your time to spend a few days with the owners of these coachs. You can get familiar with the main things.

If you can't make it, we will all be here for you.
    Last edited by dalej; 03-31-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Miles, Jim had a great idea. It would be well worth your time to spend a few days with the owners of these coachs. You can get familiar with the main things.

If you can't make it, we will all be here for you.
    Miles, the main thing is FUN! The Bus is the catalyst. There will be plenty of catalysts at POG 3.

Come if you can. JIM