Thread: toe kick stuck on

Default toe kick stuck on

1996 Marathon, the bathroom toe kick will stay on even with the thermostat indicating it is hot enough in that area. I had replaced the remote control circuit breaker but that is not the issue. You must push the "110 volt heater" button on the main panel in the bedroom to allow any of the toe kicks to work. Only the bathroom one does this. I believe the tecklink must recieve signal from themostat and then tecklink sends low voltage control to remote circuit breaker. I do not think its the thermostat as when I rotate it too hot ,it has already been opened- ie no click.

I think the Tecklink wall switch simply controls the motorized breaker. Then it's up to the heat's thermostat to regulate. The heaters are really basic. If you hear the thermostat click I'd check the thermodisc.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Well, i am glad i pulled these out to look at them before i fired them up. I have one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen. I am sure these have never been removed to clean.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Now you know why there's that smell when heat is turned on the first time of the season. FWIW, I changed the thermo discs on my to engage the fan at a lower temperature. I think the factory discs create to much radiant heat on the laminated cabinets.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Good tip Gil i will look into that. Mine are Cadet 1000Watt, they are very easy to remove and clean, pull the 2 screws out from the front, slide the unit out onto the floor, then on the back are 2 more screws that allow you to remove the lid, remove those. Now loosen the wire clamp on the back and disconnect the 3 wires. It is easier to clean and service out of the Bus. Mark the Line and Neutral before pulling the wire nut off.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach