Thread: AGM Battery test

Default AGM Battery test

Hello,
    A few months ago I replaced my batteries with 8 4D AGMs. Since it has cooled down and I won't have AC running I decided to test how long they will last without shore power. I currently have my auto start at when coach reached 23.8 for fifteen minutes.
    I have fridge running and other minimal items that keep the coach alive. This morning at 11 am the batteries read 25.2. This is the actual reading on the Trace inverter LCD monitors.
    We will see how long it batteries will keep up before generator kicks on.
    David Thomas
    1998 Featherlight XL

Hello,
    An update to my experiment.. This is the time of year I love for camping, as not need to heater or AC.
    Last night I left a few lights on TV on just as i would dry camping. This morning I made coffee.
    11 am day two (24 hours of use). Meter reads 24.5
    David Thomas
    1998 Featherlight XL

Ya know what I think Dave? U got it and bad. The bus is almost just as much fun sitting in the drive as it is going down the road aint it!!! I call that ally campin.

I can keep my fridge constant on and a few intermittent draws going for 22 hr on a 2 8D Deka Jell house bank. And those Deka r almost 10yr old. They still float at 13.1 Woho!!! And I got um fer free, inverter too!!!
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 09-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Yes sir,

I had a friend (wonder who that was??) say I have the MPD (Mad Prevost Disease) and yes Joe it is fun to play with nonsense like I do every day with my coach....

David Thomas
    1998 Featherlight XL