Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member buying 1990-2005 XL or H3 for full-time travel and office

Yes Les, I had read the same in that the shell can be made one year and it typically means the conversion is one to maybe two years later.

Good option to possibly defeat the EGR but since DPF was on engines in 2007, maybe that expands the years to as late as 2009. Hmm.

Thank You Sir!
    John and Becki
    Stuart, FL

One thing to remember is the financial crisis that began late 2007 or so.

Prevost and some of the converters "stocked up" on pre-2007 emission engines/shells. When the bottom fell out and financing dried up, some of those units were either not built, not completed, or sat on sellers lots for a long time. Layoffs were going big time and suppliers were not being paid. Some were experiencing parts shortages and just a general difficult time.

Many conversions are built the year before the "model year". Just like cars that you can buy a 2021 in 2020, our 2006 was built and sold in the early part of 2005. My point is that you need to pay attention to more than the converter model year.

It sounds like your are looking for a bus in the "sweet spot" - before emission issues and before the financial meltdown. In my opinion, a very good move.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

TrialGuy, I'm looking at the same uses as a mobile office as you describe. One thing to consider is that the front lounge will likely be a public gathering/socializing space, so the desk placement there may not be optimal. One option is to put the desk/office where the closets are across the hallway from the bath. You can create a private and lockable space where you don't have to clean up and stow documents/computers every time you may have other people visiting. By doing this deeper into the Coach, you can preserve the front lounge for meetings/presentations etc.

Have you ever seen this bus. I know it’s not a prevost but I think it’s great for what you need.

https://youtu.be/NDJ8yROJM2I
    Last edited by Benoded; 12-15-2020 at 02:53 AM.