Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDI Question

Wasn't enough detail in any pictures to see the systems. But it looked well cared for cosmetically.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

What jumped at me was the photo of the engine room pass side. All the prevo grey was looking really mint. I bet that's a very rust free camper. The asking price included OBO. How little r they willing to take? If it were me and I decided it would be mine I'd show up with the asking price in cash then I'd start with a total lowball offer to be sure I found the bottom and still be happy to pay close to asking price I think its priced quite reasonably if it presents in person as the add states and shows.

I'd also still have 20g to spend on it on the side and it wouldn't take a year to spend it. Everybody does.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 08-10-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Sorry for the thread drift. Hey, Joe - say hello to Morehead City for me. I used to fly out of the airport there when I was stationed at Cherry Point. I did most of my flight training there, including my first solo. There was a cool bar along the highway called Rapscallions, but it looks like it’s been closed for a while. The airport is named after Michael J. Smith, who was the commander of the space shuttle Challenger on its last mission. I actually went through some Air Force space shuttle training at Cherry Point because we were a launch abort emergency landing field. Strange to think about that now.

David, by way of apology, let me add that Joe does outstanding work. He did most of that work he mentioned on my 1984 Liberty Coach about a year ago. I learned a great deal by helping him. Good luck in your search.

I know that everyone has their own way of negotiating prices and OBOs, so here's my way on every thing that I buy and nobody ever feels like they got the short end of the stick. I just don't price someone else's property. I simply ask them to come up with the bottom dollar that they will accept and tell them that when they give me that number that I'll either write them a check, or I'll go home. As simple as that. No counter offers or further discussion period. Every time all have left happy and most of the time the bottom dollar is less than I would have made as an offer. Every time all have been happy and I have bought what they had for sale. From real-estate to vintage cars, motorcycles, airplanes and even buses. Once on a bus deal, the bottom dollar number went down another $30,000.00. just by asking for an additional night to sleep on it. I always sleep on it at least one night.
    John and Judy Carroll
    1999 XLV Country Coach
    450 GC "Grande Center"
    2001 Jeep XJ, American Racing Mags