Thread: Cruise Air

Default Cruise Air

Hello,
    Two of my three Cruise Airs are not keeping freon...when I fill my Front and Aft units they work well for a week or so then then stop cooling. I have decided to put in new units at AAP in mid August. I have prepaid and they have confirmed that they will be built and sent by Domectic to meet my trip deadline.
    My question is after I install the new units, what are the chances I may have a leak in the copper lines leading to the evaporators or a bad evaporator themselves? AAP said they don't chase down leaks between evaporator and the main box.
    I know this would be a guess on the groups part, but has what are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    David Thomas
    1998 Featherlight XL

I can’t speak to your leaks, but I’ll bet you can sell your old units to someone here. A few of us are tinkering with them. If you pass through Missouri, let’s talk.

Dave it's a good possibility the leak is at the packing on the fill valve on the compressor. If u do need an evaporator ill send u 1 let me know. Ill never use them I have 3
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hey Joe,

I am hoping replacing the units will take care of my issues and I won't need the evaporated, but thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that. Thanks

Hey Chad,

I am from Oklahoma...pretty close to you...where in Missouri are you located?

David Thomas
    1998 XL Featherlight

David, I’m about 30 minutes southeast of Kansas City. Close enough to meet you along I-70, I-49, or I-35. I also have plenty of concrete and hookups if you wanted to plan a stop.