PDA

View Full Version : Coach Armor

maxbeer
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I posted this question in 'parts & pieces' but I think this section is more suited to this search.
I'm looking for the coach armor that would fit on a '98 Marathon XLV.

Thanks for the help, Larry

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-25-2007, 02:25 PM
maxbeer I posted this question in 'parts & pieces' but I think this section is more suited to this search.
I'm looking for the coach armor that would fit on a '98 Marathon XLV.

Thanks for the help, Larry

Larry, are you looking for the stuff that is applied professionally and left in place for as long as it lasts? Very thick clear vinyl? :confused: JIM

maxbeer
03-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Jim, the Lexan 3/16"-1/4" hard plexiglass type material that is mounted with rubber groummets #10 bolts and washers.

Thanks, Larry

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Sorry Larry, I don't know about that product.

I read recently about the thinner material that is form fit directly over the paint and could supply the source if you are interested.

You could search out a plastic supply house in your area and if you give them dimensions they would cut to your size. They would be flat sheets. I don't know if your panels require any forming or if you are just looking for flat stock. I also don't remember if you said there had been some on the bus. If so you would drill the plastic to match the existing #10 screw holes. If you have to drill and tap the bus then I don't know what to tell you except that if I had a bus I wouldn't do it. If you have to drill the plastic sharpen the drill with a more pointed tip than for metal so you don't chip and possibly crack the plastic. The included angle of the tip would be smaller. Practice drilling an some of the scrap pieces! :) JIM

Orren Zook
03-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Larry,

Give these guys a call - they can/will custom make any lexan front to your specs: www.summit-products.com or 800-329-2958

maxbeer
03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Orren, thanks, you are the second person to suggest Summit.
Thanks, again, Larry

grross
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I had the same product on my 2000 Marathon. The company is located in Oregon...most likely Eugene. They were very responsive several years ago when I needed to replace some of the hardware. Maybe Marathon parts dept in Oregon could give you their telephone number. unless they moved the company was in an industrial park near the airport.

maxbeer
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
G Ross
The company you are thinking of might be Coach Armor Mfg. in Eugene, OR. They are no longer in business. They were the source for Country Coach, Monaco, Marathon and probably others. The story goes; 3M film put them out of a job.
Thanks for the info, Larry