PDA

View Full Version : Our New XL2

Ronnie G
03-24-2007, 09:58 PM
We finally took delivery of our 2005 Marathon XL2 this week. Tonight is our sixth night in the coach.

We spent the first 3 nights at Liberty Coach in Stuart, FL doing the PDI. We will go back back to Liberty around the 3rd of April to tie up some details. Will post on our thoughts on Liberty's PDI when we finish.

Now for the coach-we love it so far. Approx 30,000 miles, one owner and apparently very well cared for. We have a lot to learn about the Bus and all the associated systems. Right now we are just having fun trying to become familiar with it all.

I am going to try to post some pictures with this message.

Until about the second week of April we will have unreliable internet service.

Ronnie G
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Hope these come through.

Ronnie G
03-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Some more pictures. Lot's to learn. Last night around midnight, MPD struck and I started pushing buttons on the inverters and managed to disconnect us from shore power, which in turn activated the auto generator start which in turn activated the wife and so forth...

More updates later.

Ronnie

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Too marvelous for words.:D ;) JIM

garyde
03-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Ronnie. It is beautiful. What a great find. Can you share a little bit about how you found it, what lead up to purchasing this Coach.

shookie
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
ronnie...all the best with the new set of wheels...looks incredible...simply beautiful...keep pressing buttons...process of elimination, you know....best, shookie

Ronnie G
03-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Gary-We found the coach on the internet. We have been looking for a new coach for quite a while.

We looked at new Foretravel's to replace our 1997model. The price of the new 45' Foretravel Phenix(a beautiful coach) was at the point that it made sense to look for a good used Prevost. Not to mention the initial depreciation of a new coach.

Besides, it was the only logical way to deal with a rabid case of MPD.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Gotta go-found some more buttons.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I hope you won't mind if we duplicate that shower tile pattern for our HOME SHOWER:rolleyes:

Very nice!

Jerry Winchester
03-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Ronnie,

Nice job getting this one. I have bad coach envy. For the best button pushing stories, get MangoMike or Chris Yates to tell theirs, but try to do it when they can tell the story in person.

JDUB

rmboies
03-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Ronnie,

Fabulous coach, I love the lines and the elegant simplicity. Enjoy!!!

Alan__
03-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Ronnie -

Congratulations! You are in for the ride of your life.

rfoster
03-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Ronnie G: Congrats on the new coach, it sure is a beauty!! Big Fun Ahead for you and yours.

Suggestion: Get you one of the Hand Held Laser Thermometers and Point it at your wife while pushing the buttons. That way you can adjust accordingly. Unable to advise boiling point - you are on your own.:cool:

dale farley
03-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Ronnie,

Beautiful coach. Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

merle&louise
03-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Ronnie,

Beautiful Marathon, can't wait to see it in Kerrville!

Congratulations!:D

jello_jeep
03-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome new Marathoner!!! Hope to see u in Kville.!!

MangoMike
03-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Ronnie,

One beautiful bus. Congratulations!

Forget Roger's idea about using the laser T. on your wife. Just try zapping your bank account. ;)

Mike

Ronnie G
03-26-2007, 06:59 AM
It is amazing how long a few minutes seems at 11:00 pm while you are trying to disarm the entry alarm that you didn't know you had. (One of the neighbors commented that he much preferred the generator over the alarm).

More later.

Thanks for all the compliments on the coach.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Congrats on the new ride.

If you think your alarm episode is the last "Oh s**t" moment, guess again. We have all had our share of these episodes and they make for great stories.

BTW, are your dump valve switches any where near where the dog can get at them?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Ronnie G;It is amazing how long a few minutes seems at 11:00 pm while you are trying to disarm the entry alarm that you didn't know you had. (One of the neighbors commented that he much preferred the generator over the alarm).

More later.

Thanks for all the compliments on the coach.

Were these your camping neighbors or your home neighbors? JIM:eek:

Coloradobus
03-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Ronnie,

Welcome to the family, Marathon that is. What's your coach number?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Coloradobus; Ronnie,

Welcome to the family, Marathon that is. What's your coach number?

JIM, I think you'r onto something good here! :p

ALL BUS OWNERS ADD THEIR BUS NUMBER TO THEIR PERSONAL PROFILE SIGNATURE.

Sounds good to me. Comments? :cool: JIM