PDA

View Full Version : Where's A-1 & the King

truk4u
03-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Hmmm, pretty quiet here from the TN crowd, they may be up to something!:confused: Is it because Al Gore was back in DC this week.

rfoster
03-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Truk4u, Part of us are still working for a living. Jon and Di are out of town, hopefully he will be back next week. we have been spending Lewbucks at a high rate of speed. Went to the DD/allison Bank and Trust the other day and had them check a tranny code, turned out to be a faulty connection on the engine speed sensor, so they replaced connection and sensor, while they were at it- the allison expert recommended a filter change as it had been 25000 miles since the transsynd syntheic had been added. He claimed the oil is good for 150k, or 75k miles with retarder which I have. So I had them change the two filters and lost a gallon of transynd (39.50 a gallon) I think Jack Daniels is cheaper!

But here is the wake up call, I was due a change on the rear differential (per the posted mainteance schedule, I had spiral gear synthic put in the rear -try 186.00 lewbucks for 5 gallons. Plus another 40.00 lew bucks for EPA BS- 650.00 bucks for a bad connection on the tranny code.
It is kinda like the wife going into the Shoe Store- I gotta stay away.:cool:

Joe Cannarozzi
03-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Good move on the synthetic lube in the rear-end. Money well spent.

truk4u
03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
King,

Was the rear end oil original and how many miles where on it?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-24-2007, 10:05 AM
He's back. The Chinese tires still have some air left and have remained round. Life is good.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Jon Wehrenberg;He's back. The Chinese tires still have some air left and have remained round. Life is good.

OH, I didn't realise you put Chinese tires on the Hummer too!:D
Welcome back Jon etal..:) JIM

rfoster
03-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Tom:

Both rear ends are up to 207 now. (mine and the bus) Don't know if it had ever been changed or not, but I have heard from a number of folks that the one previous owner was as anal as A1, and nothing went without attention to every detail regarding the bus. The rear end is to be changed every 100,000 miles so it was due for sure. So far it has proven to be an excellent unit, so somebody (Papa John is what everyone called the guy) did take good care of it. I have put on 27000 miles since 12/05.:cool:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2007, 02:53 PM
rfoster

Both rear ends are up to 207 now.

Roger, please clarify what you were saying. I don't get it:confused: JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
03-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Jim,

You need to think about that a little longer. If you still don't get it by morning maybe Roger can offer a clue.

lewpopp
03-24-2007, 10:03 PM
SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING. I really can't stop laughing at that statement coming from Roger. Excuse me Rog, I'm trully sorry for the breakdown. Thanks, laughing is good for ones' heart.

Lew