PDA

View Full Version : White Board

bluevost
03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Good morning POGers,

We could use a white board and markers for POG III. Do any attenders have one they could bring?? And an easel?

Thanks!!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Good morning POGers,

We could use a white board and markers for POG III. Do any attenders have one they could bring?? And an easel?

Thanks!!

They probably have those items at Buckhorn RV in Kerrville?

The boss of this rally should check with them to see if they are available, or for how much?

Gary S

lewpopp
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Those boards can be picked up at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks. They are 2' x 2' I assume you will be using them for signs, right?

garyde
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
I have a couple. Let me know. gary

Ray Davis
03-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Guy's, here's the situation. Kerrville is not going to provide everything for us, or in some cases we don't have any budget, so we're going to ask for a little help. The easels was the first thing that came up. Gary, if you would throw a couple into your bay when you come, that would be sincerely appreciated.

Next request:

For our charity dinner night (Thursday evening), we're going to host a Texas-style bar-b-que. Kerrville has granted access to their outside kitchen, but it does not contain any utensils. We are considering pre-boiling ribs in large kettles to minimize the BBQ time (and burning). Does anyone have large pots they could bring. I thinking of the turkey roaster size. We're gonna be doing 400-500 ribs, so we need plenty of boiling space. Plus we're gonna need the same (or other) pots for cooking beans as well. If you are able to help in this area, please let us know.

Thanks in advance ...

ps: we will probably need a couple of cooks that day as well!

rfoster
03-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Ray We can/will bring a Turkey size oven to Kerrville, we use it often to cook in as it's large enough to handle big stuff and plugs into 110v. We plug it up outside the coach to cook and that keeps the heat out of the bus.:cool:

MangoMike
03-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Ray,

I have some large stock pots from the Restaurant I can bring.

Mike

garyde
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
I'll bring two white boards, 1 -Large pot, and one crock pot.

Ray Davis
03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Roger, Mango and Gary!

Thanks for the assist. We'll put you down for those items. We appreciate the help!

bluevost
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks Roger, Mango, and GaryD

I think we have a great rally lined up. It's going to take some teamwork. Thanks guys.

jello_jeep
03-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Ray, I make the worlds best bbq sauce, although it would kill me to see it put on par-boiled ribs, I will seek therapy for it.

Do you want me to crank out some? How much do you think 3-4 gallons ??

Also be happy to help cook and anything else you need help with.

Sounds like Mango has you covered on stock pots, but if you need another one let me know and I will throw er in.

I have quite a bit of cooking paraphernalia too, so if there is something else you desire let me know.

Also don't know if you might have a list of the California Mafia (convoy) members, might be handy if we all pm'd you or your designee cell numbers etc and distributed a list just in case of trouble en route. ??

Ray Davis
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Warren,

Hey that sounds great. The par-boiling was just to cut down on the BBQ time. We don't have a smoker here, nor the time to slow cook ribs for 100 people. So, boiling is something I've seen in the past which helps pre-cook the ribs, and then you finish them up on the BBQ.

If you have suggestions, we're all open to hear. One other we've tried here as a test was pre-cooked ribs, but they ran a bit pricey for our budget.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Warren and Ray, The Boiling thing works great and guarantees 100% success in a short and managable time.;) Some sauce is added to the water and ribs are boiled for about tow hours. Sauce is also brushed onto the ribs for browning on the grill. They will be moist and tasty. This is called Grilling not Smoking or Bar-B-Q. In this way the Cooks will get to be part of the POG PARTY and not be enslaved to the Kitchen.

Warren I will also be helping to cook. :D

jello_jeep
03-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Ray,

the one thing that comes to mind is to cook something that is more space efficient. Ribs take the most room of anything cook, in a ratio of the yield to space needed.

The solution (in my humble and solicited opinion) would be to switch to something more space/yield efficient to cook. Like beef brisket (a Texas favorite to boot).

I have an Alto Shaam smoke oven, but no way to transport it there, it also requires 30A 220 power. This would make a KILLER brisket, but would have to find someone within the California Mafia that was running with a trailer to transport it. Its not too high, maybe 3' or so. Also make sure we had that type of power available @ Kerrville.

Or..

I have two propane fired water smokers, one at home, and one in AZ. I could bring both. We might have to get one more along the way, but we could slow cook/smoke the briskets all day then carve em up for dinner.

Would be happy to do either for you if you want. And also if you still want ribs, will be happy to help you cook em however you want.

I think you have my numbers iffn ya want to talk about it on the telephone.

If not PM me and I will get them to you .

truk4u
03-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Mango, I think your off the hook for once in the cooking arena, these guys got it working!;) Sounds like you may want to open a Mango on the west coast and put Jeep to work...:D

jello_jeep
03-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Tom, I would trust you would not find it necessary in the forseeable future, to mention my name, and "work" in the same sentence, or paragraph for that matter! It might get around!! :)

Ray Davis
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Warren,

What do you think about "both". We'll cut down on the ribs, and you can add in briskets? Ken already has a few people doing pulled-pork as well.

jello_jeep
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Ray, sounds good. Maybe I can get away with just one smoker, and as much beef as I can pack into it :).....