PDA

View Full Version : Starr Paint

truk4u
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Lew,

This will answer your post from the other forum. Starr painted many Marathon's and does a fantastic job. You said you wanted to see some of there other paint jobs. Take a look at POG3, mine, Mango's and others will be there for your viewing pleasure. Caution, sunglasses required to view mine!:eek:

BrianE
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
John Stahr (commonly mis-spelled by the uneducated) http://www.stahrdesign.com/, has moved on to other artistic endeavors. The aviation buffs among us will appreciate his love of flying and the changes he made in his life to accommodate his passion. He is still very active in graphic design however and works with Mike Wilson, http://willyscustomconcepts.tripod.com/, who can execute the unique coach designs John is famous for. Mike painted our coach late last fall and did a terrific job. The design we used we had Mike copy from a Marathon Coach that Mike painted when he worked with John at Marathon. Mike has recently built a new painting facility on his property near Eugene, OR where he does complete strip and paint jobs, including a white ceramic roof coating at a very reasonable price (less than 20K).

A recent thread on the Prevost Stuff page quoted top quality paint jobs for our coaches to be in the $60-$80K range. Would suggest that a first class job on the left coast would include the trip, all expenses and still cost less than half of that figure. Quote from Harry:
I am very happy with our new paint job done right at Coach Specialties of Alameda CA. 5 colors plus white roof. $ 12K to 14K. Nice dependable people.
Besides all that, there is not a more beautiful place on earth to visit than the NW during the summer. :)

truk4u
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry Brian, didn't realize the spelling was wrong when Lew posted it on Stuff, guess Lew and I are lacking the proper education to prevent such errors!

garyde
03-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Brian, your absolutely right on about the North West. I'm from Idaho originally . Gary

rfoster
03-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey you locals of the North West. What is the ideal time of year to visit the Pacific Northwest? Portland, Seattle, Mt. Hood, St. Helens? Maybe Northern California (Sequoias), ? Would want to drive the bus and must be unfrozen dry roads as I am a redneck in a Canadian vehicle with Chinese Tires!:cool:

Jon Wehrenberg
03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
That would be July 4th.:D

Actually I think the Northwest is less prone to the icy and snowy conditions than the east side of the Rockies. At least along the coast.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-15-2007, 09:14 AM
rfoster;Hey you locals of the North West. What is the ideal time of year to visit the Pacific Northwest? Portland, Seattle, Mt. Hood, St. Helens? Maybe Northern California (Sequoias), ? Would want to drive the bus and must be unfrozen dry roads as I am a redneck in a Canadian vehicle with Chinese Tires!:cool:

WOW, Roger, Did you go Chinese on the tires too? :confused: Might be time to sell Michelline stock!:)
JIM

ChuckWall
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Just an opinion from a native webfoot - September and October offer some of the best weather - at least on the coast. Not as many people and very nice clear weather with warm temps in the sixties to seventies. (Unless it rains):rolleyes: .

Coloradobus
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh Yes, you are absolutely right. We travelled up and down the Oregon Coast Fall of 2001 hitting all the lighthouses as we went. It was pectacular weather and scenery to boot. We have great friends that live just north of Brookings, 1 miles east of the Foster Creek bridge. They have an unbelieveable view, 360 degree panorama.

BrianE
03-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Chuck would be an expert as Gold Beach is in the heart of the Oregon Coast. Can be pretty foggy in June and July. Weather starts to get better in August. For travel in the Willamette Valley/Cascades and further inland, anytime starting mid June is very nice. Would be glad to help anyone out with some ideas via e-mail or phone for specifics. Our interests lie in hiking, fishing etc. but we would be glad to help with suggesting some sites to see. This would be a great time for other NW Lurkers to come out of the closet also. :)

Roger: Jon is right. Icy roads aren't usually a problem at the lower altitudes but rain sure is. Plan on a summer trip and we'll join you guys in the south during the winter. :cool:

bnbesler@pacifier.com
94 Liberty XL

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
hitting all the lighthouses as we went.

Chris, did you leave any of the lighthouses' standing so other people could enjoy them too? :D

Who was doing most of the driving along that trip, you or Jim ? :confused:

Looks like we got OFF of THREAD somehow? MY BAD

Gary S

garyde
03-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I spent two weeks last Summer (July-August)in Oregon,Washington, and Canada. The Weather was perfect.