PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Discount Program

Gil_J
09-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Here's the fuel savings program. It's free to join. They simply keep 10% of the savings. They even pay a referral fee ;-)

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Here's my savings today. BTW, this was better than 20 cents off the small stations that have slow pumps and hard to get into.

Some have setup a dedicated limited funds checking account for this program.

Flatbroke
09-10-2019, 09:09 PM
That looks to be a pretty good program.

Joe Camper
09-10-2019, 10:36 PM
so that 80 doolar savings is after their cut or before.

Gil_J
09-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Joe

The $80 is my savings after their cut. As much as you drive, you should have this.

Joe Camper
09-11-2019, 08:00 AM
How much would u be making on my refferal?? LOL

Denny
09-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Be aware that every place that accepts this card DOES NOT offer a discount. I purchased fuel at Dysart’s Truck Stop near Bangor, Maine where the card is accepted but there was no discount. In fact, I was charged 65 cents to process the transaction.

I’m not being negative but a FYI to let you know that a fuel stop that accepts this card does not have to participate in the discount program.

Flatbroke
09-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Thanks Denny for the FYI. Wife and I are thinking about pulling the trigger on this program and any new info anyone can offer would be great for those of us thinking of participating in the program

Gil_J
09-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Denny did you check the price on the app first? Given discounts vary with Loves being the most, it's wise to choose your stop.

Denny
09-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Did not check for price. I was on I95 in Maine; not a lot of choices where to buy fuel. I don’t remember seeing any of the major truck stops where I was in the boondocks of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Some places didn’t even have cell service so I bought fuel when available. Most were local fuel outlets such as this Dysarts Truck Stop with several locations in Maine. I saw that they accepted this card so i used it instead of Discover. When I get back into civilization I will look for Loves or some of the other discount places. The nearest Loves is 230 miles from me.

Most of the posts I have read, including yours, have been about the great savings with this program. I just wanted to post that every place that accepts the EFS card does not participate in the discount program. I’m leaving for civilization in the morning and I will be looking for the savings this program offers.

Denny
09-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Wow!! Finally got back into civilization and checked fuel prices. I stopped for fuel at a TA in New Jersey and pump price was $3.299/gallon; discount price was 2.766/gallon for a net savings of nearly $49.00. This program does work when purchasing fuel at one of their participants.