PDA

View Full Version : Bad day in camperlant..ah one and a...

Just Plain Jeff
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
The below was dropped off at a local body shop. They surmise was a problem with the brakes...or someone forgot to turn off The Bubble Machine.

Not a Prevost...or....

Jon Wehrenberg
03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Looks to me like the inner drive wheel went flat and the driver kept going until he had it burning.

Notice the cardboard cover over the drive axle hub. The tow truck driver pulled the axle and it looks like he put a new wheel on so he could tow it.

What do you think Truk?

truk4u
03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I think your dead on Jon, he or she probably fried the inside then got them both flaming. Don't you suppose there was a slight vibration being felt while the inside dual was heating up and making smoke!:eek: This doesn't happen in just a few minutes, it takes mindless miles and heat to get all this going. To make matters worse, your looking at it in the driver side mirror 2 feet from the empty thing sitting on your shoulders.:rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
03-13-2007, 08:19 PM
My guess is the driver was likely not a Rhodes Scholar.

I can understand a semi driver doing that on one of the inner trailer tires more than I can a bus driver who had to have heard it thrashing around in that wheel well. I do know of a Prevost owner who ran one until it shredded. He was fortunate it came apart and did not ignite. He ran from central TX where he said the back end felt a little "loose" to Tuscon where we were having a rally. He had an H3.

Maybe the driver was busy on his cell phone.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Ditto all comments. Often the flames come AFTER you stop. Once you get something down there past the point of no return, in terms of heat, while rolling, the best place to stop is either in a large ditch full of water or a fire station. :D

Coloradobus
03-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Could that be the same Go-Fast drink coach we see around the Denver area in the past? If it is, the previous Go-Fast coach ended up rolled, a local RV dealer told me a while back. It is a sad story. To bad.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Joe is right about the flames and smoke. We had a real good fire going in our old coach and none of it was visible in the mirrors or TV until we stopped.